Part 20

Mahira was in her room along with Aaliya the maid which Khan brother's had kept with her. It was 12.30 at night and sleep was nowhere in Mahira's eyes she was praying for Zarin's well-being. When suddenly she heard a knock on her door. She adjusts her dupatta and stood up along with Aaliya behind her and asked

Mahira: kon? (who)

Hassan: Madamji mai hu Hassan. Aap darwaza kholo Saad bhai ka message hai. (Ma'am it's me Hassan. Open the door there is a message from Saad bro)

Mahira opened the door and look at Hassan. Her eyes were puffy because of crying. Aaliya had forcefully made her eat food according to Saad's instruction.

Hassan: Saad bhai ka call aaya tha unko Zarin bhabhi mil gaye hai. aur aap ko urgently mere sath hospital chalne padega. (Saad bro called and said that Zarin sister-in-law is found. You have to urgently come with me to the hospital)

Tears pool out of her eyes. She quickly wiped then and said

Mahira : bhai aap rukiye mai do minute mai aati hu. (Bro you stay I'm coming in 2 minutes)

She turns around and open her cupboard and took her purse and some cash in it, then turn to the nightstand and took her mobile and put it inside it wore her abaya and hijab and quickly came out of her bedroom. She gave the car keys to Hassan to drive once they reached the parking lot.

Mahira and Aaliya were in the back seat and Hassan was driving.

Within 10 minutes they reached the khan hospital as the roads were empty as it was 12.50 am.

Mahira got down from the car along with Aaliya and Hassan when to park it. Mahira ran towards the reception and asked for Zarin. The receptionist looked and Mahira and asked

Receptionist: Ma'am what's your good name?

Mahira: Mahira

That what was she could speak in her panic and eager voice and tears rolling down her cheek as she wanted to see Zarin, her princess. Her heart was thumping fast as if it would come out any moment because of fear and negative thoughts.

The receptionist stood up and the security head who was standing there waiting for her quickly came forward.

Security head: Ma'am are you Mahira Malik?

and Mahira nobs her head in yes.

Security head: Ma'am please follow me. 

Mahira followed him along with Aaliya. The security head took her to the elevator which was only meant for Khan Brothers along with the Dean of the Hospital, few specialist doctors, and for certain VIP patients. He presses the 12th-floor button which was the last floor of the hospital. The ding indicated that they have reached. The security officer came out and Mahira and Aaliya followed him. It was a private floor only for Khan Brothers. Mahira walked toward the reception cum nurse station to ask about Zarin. But the nurse said her

Nurse: Ma'am you have to wait as they have still not arrived

Nurse: Ma'am you have to wait as they have still not arrived. But will arrive anytime soon.

Mahira nods her head and walks towards the sitting area which was opposite the nurse station cum reception of that floor. She sat down along with Aaliya. One of the nurses came and gave them two small bottles of water to drink. Mahira refuses but Aaliya took it. Mahira was continuously praying duva's for Zarin all the time but she notices that she was alone on that floor along with the hospital staff who seen to be on high alert. Few nurses were walking hurriedly with glucose bottles and tools towards the OT. Mahira was observing things and the moments of the nurses. The elevator indicated that somebody came as it rang ding. A group of a man steps out of it. Mahira saw them and one of them gave Mahira a small smile as his eyes landed on Mahira. All the doctors stood near the nurse station and one of the doctors asked.

Doctor Samsad: nurse where is the patient?

Nurse: they are on the way and will reach anytime soon. Sir OT is ready. You can change and prepare for yourself.

They started walking towards the OT and Mahira stood up from her seat and when towards the nurse.

Mahira: sister if you don't mind can I ask you who are they?

Nurse: ma'am they are the famous doctors in their respective fields. That was Doctor Samsad who talked to me he is Neurologists. The one in the blue shirt is Dr. Shahrukh Vacha he is an Orthopaedic Surgeon. then that was Mr. Ravi Varma a cardiologist and he was Dr. Yash a pulmonologist. That is a lung specialist. She pointed at the doctors as they were walking in the corridor to go towards OT.

Mahira was shocked to see so many of them altogether. She was sweating in this AC as her heart was pumping faster for Zarin's safety. She never knew and doesn't want to imagine her worse condition. But seeing all these doctors it was making it worse.

Before the nurse could further continue the elevator rang ding and this time Dr. Zoya who is a gynecologist and Mahira's best friend came out along with Dr. Ibrahim Sheikh. Who is the Dean of this Hospital and Father of Dr. Yusuf and Father-in-law of Dr. Zara who is also Mahira's best friend.

Mahira: Assalam walaikum uncle and zoya

They too replied her in unison walaikum assalam Mahira

Dr Ibrahim: Mahira beti tum yaha? (Mahira you are here?)

Mahira: Ji uncle mai meri sister ke liye aai hu. (Yes uncle I came for my sister)

Dr Ibrahim: woh jisko Zaid laa raha hai. (for the one who Zaid is bringing)

Mahira just nob her head in yes and Dr. Ibrahim patted her head with love and said

Dr Ibrahim: Fikar mat kar beti is waqt is city ke best top most doctor's yaha present hai. Meri Yusuf se baat hui hai woh bus aate hi hoge. (don't worry daughter the top most doctors of this city are present here and I have talked to Yusuf they will be reached at any moment)

The elevator rang ding and this time Dr. Yusuf along with Zaid and Saad and two ward boys came out pulling the stretcher and started running towards OT.

Everyone grasp near the nurse station and in the corridor where few nurses were there and three security guards seeing Zaid he was shirtless and dry blood was over his chest. Mahira and Zoya started running behind them and Mahira came behind Yusuf holding a stretcher with one hand and her other hand on Zarin's cheek to wake her princess. Saad and Zaid saw her and Zaid told Dr. Yusuf to stop for her a minute but Dr. Yusuf refused saying her condition is getting worse. He did not even turn behind to see Mahira. Zoya quickly entered OT with Dr. Yusuf.

 Dr. Ibrahim too followed him. Mahira, Zaid, and Saad stood outside the OT as the doors got closed.

Saad made Mahira sit on the chair and went towards the nurse station to get a shirt for Zaid. Though it was a hospital uniform shirt for the patient but it was fine for time being.

Mahira, Saad, and Zaid waited there and kept on praying for Zarin. Mahira got up did her ablution and when to the prayer room which was there for her Tahajjud prayer for Zarin's safety. She completed her Fajar prayer and then came out from the prayer room. Saad's eyes were closed and his head was rested on the seat board. Zaid was waiting for the doors to open as it took more than 5 hours for them. Mahira came and sat beside them keeping distance between them.

Finally, after such a long wait the door got open and the light outside the OT got closed. Dr. Zoya and other doctors came out. Other doctors walk past them but Dr. Yusuf, Dr. Ibrahim, and Dr. Zoya stood there to talk to them.

Zaid and Maira asked in unison to Dr. Yusuf: Kaisi hai princess?

Dr. Yusuf: We are sorry.