50

THE STIR

_____________

Once The Prophet published the name of the Death Eaters who escaped, just a week after we got back to Hogwarts, my name got more attention than I expected.

Of fucking course.

While I was reading the whole article during breakfast, I made the biggest effort not to look at my mother's picture because I knew it would be too much for me and quickly made eye contact with Liv from across the Hall. She made silent signs to tell me to breathe deeply and calmly and I nodded.

"Arambella, mommy isn't as stupid as all of us thought, is she? Already planning to join her?" some prick from Ravenclaw shouted as he passed in front of the Slytherin table.

Blaise hissed and Draco almost spat in his face.

"Shut up, you filthy mudblood, before I curse you," the blond threatened, grabbing my hand under the table.

"Yes, Williams, why don't you go to the Astronomy tower and throw yourself, mate? Bet it would be fun." Blaise added, looking actually pissed off. The Ravenclaw boy chuckled and walked away, running to tell his mates. "This is the first one of today but you know they're going to fuck you up, right?"

I sighed, " I do, but can't do anything, can I? I already have detention with Umbridge today for breaking the bloody dress code and honestly, I don't fancy losing my free time with that bitch anymore because I cursed a bunch of knobs."

"Then you are lucky you have us," Draco said snobby, while Blaise nodded.

"Do I? I know Blaise's with me but you've been a teacher's pet to that woman. Where's your Slytherin loyalty, pal?"

"I'm more loyal to you than to her," He replied proudly.

"Prove it then," I stood up from the table and grabbed my bag, ready to go, I squeezed Draco's face in my hand, making Blaise hold his laugh, and left a kiss on the blond's cheek. "Gotta go, I have a class with Sprout."

"Ouch, Lilith, my cheeks!"

The entire morning passed pretty quickly and soon, I was in my last class before lunch; Potions, shared with some Gryffindors. Liv offered to stay with me at the entrance of the dungeons until Severus arrived since her class with Sprout started later.

"Everyone's losing the plot today, mate. I know it's because of my mother and all that stuff, I was expecting it actually, but did you see how Ginny attempted to curse that Gryff that messed with me? and how Angelina almost pushed one of the other ones?" I spoke in a whisper to Liv while we waited for Severus and the rest to arrive.

"Yeah, who would have thought that the Gryffs themselves would be defending you from other Gryffindors?" she snorted, laughing. "But you already know what I told you, ignore them and they will end up ignoring you."

"For the first time, I'm gonna listen to you." I leaned against the wall, crossing my arms.

"Finally," she rolled her eyes dramatically, with a little smile. "Took you seven years."

"Look who we have in here!" I heard Sienna Plums's voice arriving, being followed by her new boyfriend; Marco Alton, as well as the other Gryffindors in our class. What an incredible couple innit. "How's mommy, Little Snape?"

"Sienna..." George Weasley snorted, tired, leaning next to me in the wall while taking off his head one of his new inventions for the business with Fred. Potions was the only class I shared with both twins but I had already seen Georgie this morning in Transfigurations and he was as nice as usual to me.