Chapter 8

You and Sinclair walked back to his house, over the river and this time you didn't fall in and along the grass walk, passing trees and plants which moved on the wind breeze. It was a lazy day at its finest.

"You need to tell me more about the movie" you said, swinging the bag as you walked.

"spoilers" he said. You rolled your eyes and laughed as you got back to the house. Sinclair opened the door and let you in before shutting and locking it behind you. "It's upstairs the TV" he said, bounding up the stairs and going over to a cupboard and bringing out a VHS tape, putting it on the TV. He sat on the bed and you sat next to him, placing the bags on the bed. Immediately Sinclair pounced on one particular bag, opened it and ate a crisp.

"You didn't press play" you said.

Sinclair sighed, put the bag down and crawled to the TV, pressing play then rolled back so he was sitting against the headrest of the bed. You opened a bag of something and laid back also, putting the crisps onto your mouth. Sinclair reached over and opened a can of cider and sipped it.

The movie started and you immediately started crying about how sad it was. You couldn't help it and soon you and Sinclair were both balling your eyes out. You looked at Sinclair and he reached out, whipping a tear from your eye.

"I told you it was sad" he said,

"It is sad" you said, sniffing.

"Come here" he said, opening his arms to signal a hug. You accepted and settled in his arms. You relaxed into him and sighed in happiness. You picked up your own can of cider and held sipped and cried into it as the movie went on. Sinclair was also sniffing at the movie behind you.

"He kind of looks like you" you said, as the movie went on.

"Does he?" Sinclair asked.

"Yeah" you said.

Sinclair shrugged and took another sip of his cider. "May I kiss your head?" he asked.

"Of course" you said, grinning. You felt his lips nuzzle into your hair, gently leaving a kiss to your head.

"Sinclair?" you suddenly asked.

"Yes?"

"Could I ask you something personal?" you asked. Sinclair watched you with interest. "How long has it been, you know, since you felt Natalie"

"seven months" he said "And I've gone to the divorce councillor for six and a half months" he sighed. "May I ask you the same question?"

"It has been three months" you said.

Sinclair nodded and smiled down at you. "Ooh this is a great bit" he said, pointing to the screen. You turned around and relaxed into his chest again, taking another gulp of the cider. You felt Sinclair's hands wrap around your stomach and he pulled you further into him, placing his chin on your head.

"I am a good headrest?" you asked.

"The very best" he said and kissed your head again. You went red and carried on watching the movie, fully aware of the blonde man behind you, planting gently kisses to your head.

Soon the movie came to its end and you were both crying again, you turned around and nuzzled into Sinclair's chest, wrapping your arms around him. "I told you it was sad" he said, gently placing another kiss on your head.

"You did" you said.

"Why don't I put on something funny then?" he asked. "To cheer us both up"

"Sure" you said.