XXXV. HOLLAND, LILY AND MARGARET

HOLLAND, LILY AND MARGARET!

DECEMBER 1976

6th Year

• • • •

"Your sister really is a piece of work." Holland said, as she, Margaret and Lily sat down on the redhead's bed.

"I told you," Lily sighed, "But she's my sister and I love her."

"However." Margaret smirked at her friend.

"However there are many, many, many times where I wish to strangle her." The redhead admitted with a laugh.

"I've always wanted siblings." Holland told her friends.

"Really?" Lily asked.

"You wouldn't be saying that if you actually had one," Margaret chuckled, "Especially if they're younger. Trust me."

"Jack's a sweetheart." Holland said.

"Trust me, not at home." The blonde told her, making the Slytherin and Gryffindor chuckle.

"It would have made my childhood a lot less lonely. Both my parents are also only children, so I guess it just made sense for them to only have one," Holland told them, "I always wished for an older sister, like Maxine has."

"Well," Lily smiled gently at her friend, "Now you have two."

***

Holland and Margaret sat at a table in a café, waiting for Lily to come back from the bathroom so that they could order.

"So, are you going to tell Lily about you and Remus?" The Hufflepuff asked the Irish girl.

"I will," Holland nodded, "I find it funny."

Margaret tilted her head, "You find what funny?"

"How James has had a crush in Lily for years, you've had a crush on Sirius for about a year, and I've been dating Remus for two months, and that happened within a few weeks," The dark-haired girl said, making Margaret chuckle slightly, "Those bloody boys."

"Well that's news to me," Lily said, sitting down at the once empty seat at the table, making both of her friends blush. The redhead looked at Holland, "I'm happy for you and Remus. You're perfect for each other."

Holland flushed beet red, "Thanks."

Lily then turned to look at the blonde, "And Sirius? Really?"

"Say what you want," Holland told her, "They have a connection. Granted, that connection started at a ball where they were both wearing masks, but a connection nonetheless."

Lily stared at Margaret, "Your the mysterious blonde that Sirius has been obsessing about?"

Margaret blushed, "He's been obsessing about me?"

This made Holland and Lily laugh.

"He talks about you a lot in the Common Room." Lily nodded, making Margaret smile.

"The same way he talks about you?" Holland questioned the Gryffindor.

"In a way." Lily answered with a grimace.

"Two very different reactions to that scenario." Holland chuckled.

"How is it having Sirius under the same roof as you?" Margaret asked the girl sitting across from her, "I know that's he not to fond of you."

Holland sighed, looking at the menu, "It's been alright. I can handle his occasional glares and scoffs, but it's not as bad as I originally thought it would be. We kind of keep contact to a minimum. I've tried to knock some sense into him. He helped me use the telephone yesterday. So that's something, I suppose," She shrugged, "It's nice seeing him and James together. they really are brothers."

Lily smiled, "That's nice."

Holland nodded, "He's really not that bad," The dark-eyed girl told the girl to her left, "He's a really good friend and would actually be really good for you. You can't deny that you don't hate him."

The redhead sighed, "I don't hate him," She admitted, making her friends smirk, "But I don't like him either."

"Say what you want," Holland said, as a waitress made her way over to the trio, "We all know it's bound to happen."

***

"Piccadilly with four houses is 1,025, so hand it over, please." Holland grinned, holding her open hand out to Lily, who handed it over with a huff, as the three friends sat around the board game on Lily's bedroom floor.

"I understand why you said that James thinks you cheat." The redhead groaned, making Holland roll her eyes with a fond smile.

"Maybe it's just because you both suck at the game." Margaret said, making Lily glare at her.

"I am not!" Lily exclaimed, "You guys just bought all of the most expensive properties before I could have the chance."

"It's not our fault that your dice rolls suck." Margaret shrugged.

"Or that you insisted on buying all of the browns and light blues." Holland agreed.

Lily stared at her friends with a blank face, before bursting into laughter, Holland and Margaret joining in.