4

It had been months since Schlatt had gone on that date. Since then the three of them had gotten pretty close, when Tubbo had first met Jace he was shy. He hid behind his father clutching his sloth to his chest. After a few minutes Tubbo had played with Jace. The two looked like old friends. 

"Is Jj coming over?" The small boy asked wearing one of his new friends hats. One he had taken when they spent the night. 

"I think so bud. Is it okay if you stay with him while I go to work?" He asked his happy little bud. Tubbo gave him a nod as he got all his toys and put them in the living room.

-

"I'll be back later don't make too much of a mess." He kissed his sons head and gave his partner a kiss on the cheek. "Have fun." He walked out the door and headed to work.

Tubbo and Jace stayed in the living room watching movies. During one movie Tubbo had wound up next to Jace. Tucked under his arm snuggled into him.

They sat there for hours before Schlatt got home. When he arrived he found his boys stowed away in the kitchen. He leaned against the door frame as he watched them make sandwiches.

"Dad!" The boy yelled hopping off the stool running to him. He lifted him into his arms.

"Hey bud. How was your day?" He asked walking over to his partner.

"Good. We watch movies and nap. And we make dinner." He rambled as he held onto his father.

Afte his mother left Toby began to depend on Schlatt more. He had a hard time being away from him. But his father was also struggling to the point that he almost left his son. But that night as his son called out for him he knew. He knew he couldn't lose the one person he had left.

Tubbo wouldn't be okay. He couldn't manage losing another parent.

"I put slow on the shelf!" The toddler exclaimed smiling. His fathers expression softened. He knew his son would move on but he didn't think it'd happen so soon.

"Are sure you're ready to put slow away bud? It's okay if you still want him." He said sitting his son on the counter. The boy shook his head.

"I'm big dad. Slow needs sleep." He said picking up a piece of his sandwich. Schlatt kissed his head.

When did his bud get so big? No more Slow. No more mom.