XVII. Arguements

Sam and Rhodey were having a disagreement, by disagreement meaning argument

"Secretary Ross, has a Congressional Medal of Honor, which is 1 more than you have." Rhodey said. "So, let's say we agree to this thing. How long is it gonna be before they lo-jack us like a bunch of common criminals?" Sam asked.

"117 countries want to sign this. 117, Sam, and you're just like, "No, it's cool."" Rhodey shot back. "How long are you going to play both sides?" Sam asked.

Skylar was just looking at the two. What is wrong with you both?

"I have an equation." Vision butted in. "Oh, this will clear it up." Sam said sarcastically.

"In the 8 years since Mr. Stark announced himself as Iron Man, the number of noted enhanced persons has grown exponentially. And during the same period, the number of potentially world-ending events has risen at a commissive rate." Vision said.

"Are you saying this is our fault?" Skylar asked tilting her head slightly.

"I'm saying there maybe a causality. Our very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites conflict. And conflict... breeds catastrophe. Oversight. Oversight is not an idea that could be dismissed out-of-hand." Vision said.

"Boom."

"Tony, you're being uncharacteristically non-hyper verbal." Natasha said looking at the billionaire.

"Oh, it's because he's already made up his mind." Steve said.

"Boy, you know me so well." Tony aside standing up. "Actually, I'm nursing my electromagnetic headache."

"That's what's going on, Cap. It's just pain, it's discomfort." He looked at the sink. "Who's putting coffee grounds in the disposal?"

Natasha looked at Skylar who glanced innocently at the ceiling.

"Am I running a bed and breakfast for a biker gang?" He looked at  the purple haired girl accusingly.

Tony sighed and put his phone and a hologram showed up of a boy. He acted like he had just saw it.

"Oh, that's Charles Spencer by the way. He's a great kid. Computer engineering degree. 3.6 GPA. Had a floor level gig. An Intel plan for the fall. But first, he wanted to put a few miles on his soul." He informed.

"Before he park it behind then desk. See the world, maybe be of service. Charlie didn't want to go to Vegas which is what I would do. He didn't go to Paris or Amsterdam. Sounds fun. He decided to spend his summer, building sustainable housing for the poor. Guess where, Sokovia." Skylar scrunched her face in confusion.

"He want to make a difference, I suppose. I mean, we won't know because we dropped a building on him while we were kicking as*. There's no decision making process here. We need to be put in check. Whatever form that takes, I'm game. If we can't accept limitations, we're boundless, we're no better than the bad guys,"

"Tony, someone dies on your watch, you don't give up." Steve butted in.

"Who said we're giving up?" Tony asked.

You. Skylar thought.

"We are, for not taking responsibility for our actions. These documents just shifts the blames." Steve argued.

"Sorry. Steve, that... That is dangerously arrogant. This is the United Nations we're talking about. It's not the world security council, it's not SHIELD, it's not HYDRA." Rhodey said.

"No, but it's run by people with agendas and agendas change." Steve said.

"That's good." Tony said. Skylar looked at him. "That's why I'm here. When I realized what my weapons were capable of in the wrong hands, I shut it down and stop manufacturing them."

"Tony. You chose to do that. If we sign these, we surrender our right to choose. What if this Panel sends us somewhere we don't think we should go. What if it's somewhere we need to go, and they don't let us. We may not be perfect, but the safest hands are still our own." Steve interjected.

"If we don't do this now, it's going to be done to us later. That's a fact. That won't be pretty." Tony glared. Wanda paled.

"You're saying they will come for me?" She asked nervously. "We will protect you." Vision said.

"Maybe Tony is right. If, we have one hand on the wheel that can still steer." Natasha said.

"Aren't you the same woman who told the government to kiss her a*s few years ago?" Sam asked with crossed arms.

"I'm just... monitoring. We have made some very public mistakes. We need to win our trust back." Natasha negotiated

"I'm sorry, did I just mishear you or did you agree with me?" Tony asked smugly.

"Oh, I want to take it back." Natasha said.

"No, no, no. You can't retract it. Thank you. I'm impress by what you did. Okay, case close. I win." He said.

Steve looked at his phone. "I have to go."

€€€€
A/n: which side do you think Skylar will chose? Also I found this cute pic of my dog

€€€€A/n: which side do you think Skylar will chose? Also I found this cute pic of my dog