13| Pink

Chapter 13: Pink (Venus's POV)

As we entered the house, my dad went right into my parents' room. Clarissa was sleepy and went on upstairs as well. 

"Mom." 

She stopped, turning to face me. 

I walked over to her. "Can I ask you something?" 

"Of course, honey," she smiled. 

I hesitated because I didn't want her to tell my dad. "Do you really hate Mrs. Juniper?" I asked. 

She stared at me for a minute. "Juniper Locke?" she clarified and I nodded in response. "Why are you suddenly asking me this?" 

"I um, I was there in the bathroom when you came inside to touch up with her. I heard you two talking and laughing. It just confused me, that's all," I explained, half lying. I mean, I wasn't in there alone.

She sighed, slowly shaking her head. "I don't hate her. Not one bit. We're friends," she admitted. 

My mouth fell open. "You're what?" I sputtered. 

"Don't tell your father, Venus," she said warningly. 

"I won't. Promise," I said quickly. 

"Look, when I married your father, this feud between us and the Lockes was already there. But I never knew how serious it was until a few months into the marriage. So I learned quickly that it would be best for me to do as I was told and stay away from them. And anyhow, nobody knows that we're friends." 

I nodded in understanding. 

"But that doesn't mean you and Clarissa are excused to do the same. You both are still expected to stay away from the Locke boys." 

"Of course," I shrugged. "I was just a little confused so I asked you. Anyway, goodnight," I smiled. 

She went into her room and I went up to mine. 

I fell into thought about what I had somewhat agreed to with Caden tonight. I'm starting to doubt it now. I want it. I want to know him a little bit better and there's no denying, he's a fine-looking guy. The finest I've seen. It can't go wrong. 

And as for my virginity, it is important to me but not so important that I hold onto it until marriage. He was right. Having sex with someone doesn't make me any less dignified. Nobody put my dignity in my vagina. Fair enough. 

When and if I want to have sex with him, I will. But that's not my concern right now. My first concern is, can we even do this without getting caught? And my second concern is, how far can he go to convince me without getting caught? Because I don't want him to get in trouble because of me. 

I sighed and started getting ready for bed. This can wait. 

➵ ➵ ➵ ➵ ➵

Wednesday. I made it wait until Wednesday. It's Wednesday today. 

Caden didn't act on his words and we didn't talk to each other apart from taunting each other and annoying each other in some classes. So, I automatically assumed that it was forgotten about and we were moving on. Boy was I wrong. 

I walked into my first period, Math. I stopped, looking at my seat. 

Caden normally sits behind me in this class but today he's sitting right beside me. 

I blinked multiple times. I slowly walked over, taking my seat as some students walked in, looking at Caden weirdly. I sat down, putting my bag on the floor and taking out my notebook. I stood up, trying to ignore all the eyes on me and went to the cabinet at the front of the room, and pulled out a textbook for myself to use. I sat back down in my seat as the last bunch of the class entered, followed by our teacher, Mrs. Sebastian.