37"

The Potters sat around their kitchen table eating their dinner

"Lily, eat your peas" Harry sighed watching his daughter push around the food in her plate

"No, they taste like shite. Did you make them instead of mum?" She asked casually

"Oh he definitely did" Remus nodded also pulling a face at the food on his plate

"Yeah mums foods actually edible" James laughed

"You all need to learn some manners" Harry sighed shaking his head

"I agree" Viola hummed, "but you are shite at cooking" she smiled as she got up and threw the food in the bin, "sorry Harry" she apologised kissing him on the head as the children followed her and throwed the over cooked, inedible food away. "I baked a cake for later but it seems we're in need now"

Viola placed the chocolate cake on the table and passed forks around the table.

"Cake for tea?!" Lily asked excitedly

"Fine, but only for today" Harry gave in eyeing the cake, admitting he was terrible at cooking.

"Yes!" Rem smiled as Harry handed him a piece.

"So, have you all sorted out who's going to go to the cottage this summer?" Viola asked as she flicked a crumb of cake at Harry

"Not yet" Remus shrugged

"I think I should go" Lily announced

"I don't think so Lils" Harry replied, "you're too young to go on your own, you'd need parent supervision. Perhaps in a few years?"

"Fine. Promise?" she huffed taking another bite of cake

"Promise"

"Can I go?" Remus asked

"Didn't you go last year Rem?" Viola asked

"Yeah but-"

"Well then it's James and his friends time to spend the summer there, don't you think?"

"I guess"

"Yes!" James exclaimed at the prospect of spending a few weeks of the summer at his grandparents cottage by the sea.

After the war Viola couldn't bring herself to go back to the cottage nor sell it, leaving it for the children to use as a holiday home in the summer holidays.

Harry went down there every year, cleaning it and restoring it, making sure that it looked the same as it did when it was lived in; homely and loved as if the Lupin family still lived there.

"Can Frank and Nico come again?" He asked excitedly

"Course" Viola waved, "as long as you don't break anything"

"Great!" James beamed

"But are you sure that's all who you want to invite?" Viola smirked glancing at Harry who also smirked back to her.

"What do you mean?"

"What about your new Ravenclaw friends?" Viola pushed

James thought for a second before a smile grew across his face.

"Good idea mum. I'll send them a letter now!" He exclaimed running up stairs suddenly

"He's so whipped" Lily laughed as Viola chuckled to herself while Remus cringed and Harry smirked.

"You're going to be terrible at Hogwarts arn't you?" Harry whispered

"Oh yeah" Viola replied

Alya sat on the floor of the living room with her mother. The room was covered in white sheets splattered with all sorts of colours. Suzanna had suggested the summer project of painting the living room walls with intricate patterns and pictures in bright colours.

Alya's birthday cake sat on the floor in between them half eaten. It was her 17th birthday and her mother and bought her a cake to celebrate with. As her birthday was at the end of July she was one of the youngest in her year meaning that she couldn't show her mother magic until now.

She blew out the candles and relight them as Suzanna watched in awe. She levitated the cake around the room and transfigured it into a teapot.

Her mother picked the tea pot up expecting it interestingly.

"My god Alys. You really are special arnt you?" She whispered in disbelief

"Not really" Alya shrugged, "there's lots of witches and Wizards. That was only a second year spell. Oo! Look at this mum! Expecto Patronum"

Alya's silver lioness pounced out of her wand and circled around the room before shimmering and disintegrating away.

"Goodness!" Suzanna gasped, "it's beautifu!"

"Each witches and Wizards Patronus' are unique to them. Their traits, strengths, weaknesses. That sort of thing"

Suzanne hugged Alya tightly, squeezing her until Alya had to tell her to let go so she could finally breathe. The mother never truly understood what her daughter was or what she could do. She just accepted her for what she was and trusted her.

But to see the beauty and mystery of magic was out this world.

And her daughter had this gift.

"It's brilliant Alys!" Suzanne exclaimed her eyes wide in shock and excitement

Alya was about to reply when's a pecking noise sounded on the window

Walking over she let the owl in, untying the letter off its leg.

Hill,
This summer I'm staying at my grandparents cottage by the sea with Frank and Nico. I've invited the other girls and they've all said they're down.
I hope you'll come, It'll be fun. Plus you get to spend time with me meaning it's a win win situation.
Sincerely your favourite person, the most handsome, the most talented

James Sirius Potter

P.s let me know when you've made a decision then we can arrange a meeting place or you can come to mine or I'll come to yours and we'll apparte

Okay I'm officially done now.

Have a good summer Love.

———————————————————————————
A/N

James you've stolen my heart. Ly the most

N