I Never Got To Say Goodbye

// Hey friends! Been a while, here's your angst food, eat up! Hope you enjoy :D Inspired from today's stream: Trapped In Prison With Dream \\
SPOILERS FOR TODAY'S STREAM: TRAPPED IN PRISON WITH DREAM
TW: DEATH, MENTIONS OF NEGLECT, MENTIONS OF ABUSE
--------------------------------------------------

Tommy stuck his fingers in his mouth and let out a large whistle, followed by a buzz. To most passerbys, it would've seemed like the seven-year-old was just acting his age. However, it was a bit more than that.

As soon as the call began to echo in the field of a backyard, a short brown-haired boy was by his side.

"Tommy!" the boy saluted, clearly trying to keep a straight face, "Tubbo at your service!"

The blonde boy was struggling to not break out in a fit of giggles as he saluted back, "Tubbo, my friend! I've got some top secret news for you."

"Yes sir!"

"Your dad is coming to pick you up," the youngest continued, marching towards the house with his head tilted upwards, "But if we hide you for long enough, you'll have to stay for a sleepover!"

"I like your ideas, Tommy," the shorter's mouth finally slipped into a goofy grin.

"I'm a big man, and big men always have great ideas."

"Of course," Tubbo followed his friend into the house as the door shut quietly behind them. As they continued their 'top secret mission', their voices were dropped to whispers.

"If you hide in my closet, and be really, really quiet, you should be a-okay!" Tommy spoke a bit louder as they reached his room. Tubbo nodded before trying to squeeze into the younger's small closet.

"C'mon, big man," the blonde frowned, "Wilbur and your dad will be here any minute!"

Tubbo huffed out an apology which, of course, led to loud bickering. They didn't even hear the front, or bedroom, door open.

"Tubbo!" Schlatt swung open the door and opened his arms out wide for the boy to run into. They immediately began laughing, squeezing each other in a big hug, "My little ram!"

"Aww," Tommy looked to his older brother, who had just entered the room, "Does he already have to go? Can't he stay for a sleepover?"

Both boys turned to Wilbur, bottom lips puffing out.

"Please?" they spoke in sync, dragging out the ending vowel.

"Not tonight boys," Wilbur spoke for the both of them, ruffling both their hair, "Next time, okay?"

"Fine," the blonde crossed his arms.

"C'mon, my little ram," Schlatt picked up Tubbo, who gasped and began laughing, "Thanks for havin' him, Lover-Boy."

"Anytime, Gaylatt," Wilbur snickered as the Schlatt shot him a look, both of them leaving the small cabin.

That supper, Tommy had let out a loud gasp.

"Toms?" Wilbur was immediately at his side, "What happened?"

"I-" the blonde's eyes were welling with tears, "I never got to say goodbye to Tubso!"

The older let out a sigh and let his shoulders drop.

"It's okay, Toms," Wilbur stood and ruffled his brother's hair once more, "You can say bye next time."

"What if I never see him again?" The words 'like Phil and Techno' were left unsaid, but still hung in the air.

"They'll come back," the brown haired boy smiled sadly, "I promise."

~~~

"I'm sorry," Sam's harsh Warden façade was crumbling at the seams, "I'm sorry. I couldn't make it."

Tubbo turned to Ranboo, both quirking an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" they asked simultaneously.

"He's gone," the Creeper Hybrid took a shaky inhale, removing the steampunk-esk goggles that covered his now watery eyes, "I couldn't save him."

"Save who?" the bee lover gripped the basket of flowers in his hands a little tighter, "Sam, you couldn't save who?"

"Tommy," the man wiped his stinging red eyes, tears flowing down his face, "That monster killed my son."

"T-That's not true," Tubbo took a deep inhale, the corners of his eyes beginning to sting, "He wouldn't just die on us."

"Dream beat him to death," Sam's voice was heavy, like an anvil, bringing Tubbo to the current reality that his best friend was dead.

The boy - that's all they really were, weren't they? - dropped to his knees, the flowers in the basket spilling over the too-green grass.

The too-bright sun shone in the too-clear sky, sending its rays onto the scene of a broken boy and a revenge-hungry father.

Above, the Warden of a box that killed hope walked back to his prison where his son's body lay limp.

Below, the best friend of hope sobbed into his hands, stained with the red camellias that scattered the grass.

"I never got to say goodbye."
--------------------------------------------------
(Psst! Hello, hi! It takes a really long time to make these stories and if you enjoyed these, please consider donating even a dollar it would mean the absolute world to me. Thank you - hope you enjoyed the story! <3 Venmo: @ SmilesTV )