Chapter 8

They finally finished their food after half an hour, which they also spent getting to know each other better and laughing. "Where'd you like to next?" Clay asked as they threw away the trash from their food. "I don't know, surprise me," George said and looked up at him as they walked from the food court.
"Okay, I've got a great place in mind."
They kept walking for a few minutes around the mall until they were stood in front of a thrift shop.

"We're here!" Clay announced and looked down at George who stood beside him with a confused look on his face. "Out of all the times I've been here I've never seen this store," George said and pointed at the store sign. "Well, come on in!" Clay said and walked in with George following slowly behind him.
George looked around the racks of clothes and sometimes stopped to look at a few shirts or skirts better. "George," George looked up at Clay who stood in front of him holding a red and black plaid skirt, "I think this one'll fit you well." He said and handed George the skirt.

After about half an hour of looking through the thrift shop they decided to go pay for their stuff.
George had chosen four black band t-shirts, a pair of jeans and three skirts, including the one Clay gave him and Clay had two crewnecks, cat eye sunglasses, five t-shirts and a skirt, which George didn't know about.
"Let me pay for you, George." Clay said and took George's things from him. "No! You paid for the food! Come on let me pay." George said.
"No, George," Clay said and put their things on the counter. "Fine then. But I'll pay the next time we go out." George said in defeat and sighed.
Clay smiled to himself as he payed for their clothes.

"I got a bag so you'll have to remember to get your stuff when we go home." Clay said to George as they walked out of the shop. "Talking about that," George started, "Would you like to come to my house?"
"Sure, so we're just gonna go home now?" Clay asked.
"Yeah, if you don't mind."
"I don't. I just have to stop at the corner store near your house."
"Why?"
"You'll find out." Clay said and smirked.

They decided to walk home, since both of them still had their backpacks and Clay was carrying their bag as well as the skateboard. 20 minutes later they reached the corner shop near George street and Clay handed George their bag and ran in, leaving George alone outside of the store. Clay returned less than a minute and a half later with sour patch kids and four monsters, two white, one purple and one pink.
"Are you trying to kill us?" George asked and pointed at the stuff Clay was carrying.
"Oh, come on, live a little, won't you?" Clay answered as he put the drinks and the candy in the bag George was holding.
"I'll take the bag back." Clay said and took the bag out of George's grip.
"You know that I'm also fully capable of carrying that." George said and looked up at Clay as they walked down the street to George's.
"I don't care George," Clay answered and George rolled his eyes and looked back in front of them.

"Welcome to my humble abode." George said as he opened the front door to his house and signalled for Clay to walk in. Clay walked into the front room and looked around as he took his shoes off and put down his backpack and the other stuff that occupied his hands.
"This is huge," he wondered out loud.
"I know, right. I honestly don't know why my parents need such a big house just for the three of us. And the cat, of course, can't forget him."
"You have a cat?! You hadn't told me that."
"George? Is that you?" A voice was heard from the kitchen. George froze and he and Clay looked at each other. "Shit, my mum's home!" George whispered.
"Oh! And you brought a guest!" George's mother said as she walked into the front room where the two boys were stood. "Yes, hello! I'm Clay, one of George's friends." Clay said and held his hand in front of him for a handshake.
"Well, hello there, Clay." She said and shook his hand. "George, you haven't told me about him before." She looked at George and pointed at Clay.
"We only became friends, like, two days ago."
George excused, "Well, mum, we're going upstairs to my room." George said as grabbed Clay's wrist and Clay grabbed their bag of clothes.

______________________________
Word count: 790

A/N
I woke up at 2:53 am last night just to feel an earthquake and then I went back to sleep lol
This also happened Saturday where I woke up in the middle of an earthquake and then I went back to sleep. There have been so many earthquakes at my city since Wednesday, on Wednesday I felt 6 earthquakes and the news people say they might go on for a couple of years, so yeah. It's become a dayly occurrence since Wednesday, so yeah, that's fun and enjoyable ig. If I die in a volcanic eruptions then lol I beg my friend to finish this for me, if she'll survive.
The monster flavours I got from me and the same friend as always, we both drink white ones then she drinks the purple and I pink. I forgot to thank you for 124 reads, I got like 50 reads in less than a day!
Anyways, might be a few chapters out tomorrow because I'll force my friend to give me ideas, see I'm good to you. Actually, no, I ate her candy when she left my house last night lol sorry. She said it was alright so let's just move on. I'll buy you more tomorrow, please I need a monster tomorrow.
Aha anyways, enjoyyyy :P