Light [Grian angst]

Hey look a one shot that isn't a literal horror movie plot!

Season 7
TW// severe burns
Grian's POV
Every two weeks or so, for six days and nights, Grian was deathly allergic to light. He had absolutely no idea how or why, all he knew was that he had to avoid any type of light and heat at all costs or else.. well he didn't wanna know what would happen.

The other hermits didn't know. He didn't want them to see him as a freak, or even worse, be kicked out.

Grian woke up in the middle of the night to a horrible, burning pain going up along his arm, neck, and side of his face. He jolted into action, biting his tongue in an attempt to keep himself from screaming. He leaned over and quickly turned off the lantern he used as a night light, throwing off his blankets as well.

Not being able to be around light while also having a universal fear of the dark was honestly the worst combination to have. It was like the world was against him.

He sat there in darkness, curled up in a ball. When building, he'd purposely made it so his base was constantly cold. Other hermits questioned his choice and he shrugged it off, saying he preferred the low temperature.

Wrong. He hated it.

Grian remembered that he was supposed to go out exploring with some of the other hermits tomorrow. His eyes popped open, him not realizing he'd opened them, and sat up quickly.

"Why now, of all times?!" Grian groaned laying back and gently rubbing his eyes. He should've remembered he had limited himself from making plans with the others- he never knew when this.. this allergy was gonna pop up.

He tossed and turned the remainder of the night, occasionally dozing off but a cold breeze waking him up once again.

Next thing he knew he was awoken by sunlight. He practically fell off of his bed, panicked, and laid on the ground, fighting back tears. He hated this. He hated himself.

Why was he like this? Why did this stupid illness keep him from doing what was best for his friends?

C'mon, Grian, something inside of him whispered. A promise is a promise. Go out and have fun with your friends.

Grian puffed out his chest, standing up. He was right, sitting here wasn't gonna do anything! He could grab his armor and firerockets a-

He glared at the outside world from the shadows.

Bad idea, he thought grumpily, rubbing his hand with ice. It was one thing with regular temperature, it was another on a horribly hot sunny day.

Grian heard firerockets in the distance and panicked a little bit. Either he puts his social skills to the test and talks to his friends, or he runs and blocks himself in a wall for the next six days.

"Grian!" Mumbo called out joyfully, landing somewhat clumsily. Grian glanced around nervously.

"Why're all the lights out?" Iskall wondered, squinting in to see the inside of his base.

"...power outage?" Grian tried helplessly, holding both his hands together.

"How- okay. You ready?" Mumbo grinned excitedly, making Grian's stomach drop.

"I'm uh- sick," Grian lied quickly, his panic rising.

Both of them looked slightly suspicious.

"Well you two have fun I'm gonna go cry on my bed in the dark bye!" Grian took off running, feeling incredibly guilty.

Mumbo's POV
"Something's definitely wrong," Iskall commented.

"100%, he seemed perfectly fine yesterday," Mumbo agreed, trying to think. Why did Grian look so worried?