Joining the hunt

Third Person POV

Jasmine, age 13, was camping in The Forbidden Forest, crying and wondering why the universe hated her.

Like her famous parents and her brother, she too had magic. Then when did things go wrong?

Oh right, she remembered.

Bloody Voldemort and Dumbledork were the cause.

The centaurs of the forest, who she got along with better than anyone, sensing her sadness, sent concerned looks over at the crying teenage girl.

Ever since first year for Jasmine, when she ran into the herd, they let her camp out in the woods when things got bad. 

They were like family to her, teaching her how to survive and centaur magic.

Jasmine shivered and pulled her cloak closer around her, and rubbed her fingers of a pendant her aunt, who had died mere hours ago, had given her.

The shadows reached out to comfort her, but it gave her no warmth. The last people she truly cared for... gone.

Memories swamped her and a new wave of tears hit her black and gold flecked emerald green eyes.

She was three years old, and she was chasing her twin brother Erik Potter, who had stolen her book. When their parents found them, she was punished by being sent to her room with no dinner for lying.

She was six years old, and it was her birthday... along with her twin brother's Erik's birthday. While everyone at the party(for Erik) was crowding around him as he opened his large pile of presents, she looked down at the small pile she had. 

She opened the first one, a poorly wrapped book on magic from the house elf that had helped raised her, and she thanked Misha.

Another one was a book of potion making, from her father figure, Severus Snape. She moved onto the next one, and it was a gift from her aunt, cousin, and uncle. It was a story book, one she would treasure for ages.

She was seven years old, and Mad Eye Moody was teaching her magic. "You got the fire in ya lass. Rare gifts run in your blood. Never forget, that even though they may look down upon you for your gifts, you. are. not. what. they. say!"

She was seven and a half, and she refused to let the tears flow from her eyes as her mother screamed at her that she was a disgrace to the Potter name because she had made an ugly vase explode. But that wasn't her, it was Erik who had done that.

She was eight years old, and she was on the floor, a slap mark on her cheek. Her mother was screaming at her, for daring to be so good at under age magic.

She was ten years old and sleeping at the house of Severus Snape. For once in her life, she felt safe as she burrowed under the covers.

She was 11 years old, and her Hogwarts letter had come in. Her parents where shocked there where two letters, they had forgotten they had a daughter.

She was in Diagon Alley, buying her own things from her trust fund. She had bought her wand, Elder wood with strips of Cypress with Blue Flame Phoenix Feather Core, and was walking down the street when she froze when she saw a beautiful snowy owl. 

She quickly bought it, the owl was her familiar. When she got back home to her room with her things and the owl, she named her knew owl-who was female- Hedwig.

She was on the stool, waiting to be sorted, and the day had already started bad, with Erik spreading awful rumors about her on the train. "RAVENCLAW!" the hat screamed. She got up and went to the murmuring table, and ducked her head.