Chapter 4

~Obsidians pov~

I pull myself out of bed, and I start getting ready, the same as any other day.

My door swings open and herieth barges in. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" she screams as she throws a hug around me.

I chuckle. "happy birthday to you too."

"Ok so I have  it all planned out," Herieth begins. "After training, and my ballet class, you, the boys, and the rest of the class are going to go to the training room, where Arroyo and Ember will have set up our party," she glares at me, "and by party I mean, party. so dress well, please..." she continues to ramble on about the plans.

I tune her out, not even being super excited for my 18 birthday. You'd think so much would change since we are adults now, but it doesn't. Nothing ever changes.

I throw on my school uniform before interrupting her, "Ok let's go before I decide not to go."

I walk into the classroom to see students surrounding Herieth and I's desks. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" they all start to surround us, with gifts and hugs.

Fuck, this is going to be a long day.

~Herieth pov~

I'm almost counting down the seconds until training is over, I'm boiling over with excitement. I hear the loud bell chime. Before Obsidian can protest not going, I drag her out and towards our room.

We walk into our room, our dresses laying on our beds. I look at myself in the mirror, my pale white and pastel dress, with beautiful butterflies spread across. It went down just past my thighs ruffling at the bottom. It made me feel so ethereal. I spin around on my white heels, causing my golden locks to twirl with me into my face.

"What do you think?" Obsidian asks as she struts out of the bathroom, her black heels clicking

"What do you think?" Obsidian asks as she struts out of the bathroom, her black heels clicking. She is wearing a silk slip-on black dress that pinches in the middle of her chest. Her beautiful black curls spread across her shoulders like fire, her necklace sitting peacefully in the middle of her chest. I look down at my matching one. They slightly glow in the light... almost iridescent.