chapter four

"Mandrake," said Lily, who was told during her prefect duties.

The portrait of the fat lady swung open and the seven students stepped through the portrait hole, into arguably the most comfortable room in the castle.

Stone walls lead up to high ceilings. There was a large fireplace, with a warm fire already crackling. In front of it, there was a red couch and two red chairs. There was a red and gold rug on the floor that tied it all together. On the other side of the room, there were some tables and chairs, which were often used for schoolwork and studying. On the back wall were two stone arches, each with spiral staircases leading up to the students' dormitories.

Ophelia and her friends started up one of them, while three of the marauders went up the other. They walked up the spiral staircase until they reached their dormitory and walked inside. There were multiple four-poster beds with red bedding and sheer curtains. A few red rugs were thrown about the wooden floor, and another fireplace sat to one side of the room. Large glass-paned windows were placed around the room, allowing moonlight to flood into the dormitory.

All of the girls' trunks had already been brought up for them, and they decided to unpack that night so they wouldn't have to do it later. Ophelia opened her trunk and took out all of her clothes. One side of the bed had a nightstand, and the other had a wardrobe. She hung up all of her clothes neatly inside. Then, she took a few books and picture frames and set them on her nightstand. She took out a red and gold blanket from her trunk and laid it neatly on the bed.

The other girls had done the same, and soon they were all unpacked and ready to head back down to the common room.

The boys had just sat down as Ophelia, Marlene, Lily, and Alice walked down from their dormitory. Remus had taken one of the red chairs, Sirius laid sprawled on the ground in front of the fire, and Peter sat on one end of the couch. Marlene took the empty chair, and Lily and Alice sat down on the couch with Peter.

Ophelia sat down next to Sirius on the floor, and he put his head in her lap. She started playing with his hair before she asked, "rough night?"

The others laughed at that comment, and Sirius sighed. He looked up into Ophelia's eyes, and she was about to ask if he was ok when he blurted out, "do you have any eyeshadow?"

"Wait what?"

"Maybe some eyeliner too,"

"Sirius, why do you need eyeshadow and eyeliner?" questioned Ophelia.

"Because I want you to put it on me" he stated as a matter of fact.

Everyone in the room stared at him for a moment until they all started laughing. Ophelia, who had put makeup on Sirius before, stood up and left to her dormitory.

"Wait, you're being serious?" asked Remus.

"Well, I'm always Sirius. Who else would I be?"

"Haha." Remus rolled his eyes. "Are you actually going to let her put makeup on you?"

"Of course. It makes me feel pretty!"

Ophelia came back down the stairs holding an eyeshadow palette, a few brushes, and an eyeliner pen. She sat down next to Sirius and opened the palette.

"Which colors? What do you want it to look like?"

Sirius examined the palette and finally said, "I think purple would look absolutely marvelous on me Ms. Black, wouldn't you agree?"

"Oh you know I always agree with you, Mr. Black"

After a few minutes of talking and laughing with the rest of the group, Ophelia let the others have a look at Sirius, who had light purple eyeshadow, with a cut crease being a dark purple.