38.

A/N: im reaaaallly sorry for the very late update :(( i've been busy these past few days with football practice back and exams. but here's the chapter!

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

"Your fans are death glaring me, Rin." Shinyya deadpanned while she slightly shook her boyfriend awake.

"That's because they know you're mine."

"Sit straight, lazy ass, you have a game after this."

The nationals finally came and it's the team's biggest day. Last year they came in second place but this year they strut inside the stadium with intent to grab first place this time. The big cheer squad of the team who sat just above them were getting ready for the match just as the players were. When Shinyya studied the venue she was in, from the kinds of teams with colorful jerseys, the overwhelmingly loud cheering squads, and the crowd of people who supported for their favored teams, she felt both excitement and nervousness at the same time.

For the first time she'll be seeing her bestfriends, the known idols in highschool volleyball and her insanely skillful middle-blocker of a boyfriend, and the whole team play on a national level.

Though she felt nervous now, in two weeks, by January 20, will be her big day in two years. Winning the finals for the violin competition is her closest opportunity to making a name for herself again.

But she pushed the thought away and decided to focus on today's happening.

"Heh...Fukurodani's pretty amazing too," Shinyya muttered in awe as she watched the spiky-haired ace of the team spike an insane cross shot that sent a resonating sound throughout the gym. "Nē, have you played against them?"

Suna shook his head which was nuzzled on Shinyya's shoulder as he tiredly mumbled, "Among the city boys, we only got to play Itachiyama."

"Ah, last year for the championships?"

Suna nodded.

"And you lost?"

"Well, we're gonna win this year." Suna smugly replied.

"You sound pretty motivated for someone uninterested." The violinist giggled as she flicked his forehead. "Why's that?"

Suna groggily rubbed his eyes and lifted his head from her shoulder to lean himself on the chair with a clearer view of the match in front of him.

Why do I feel motivated to play than before? He thought to himself, side glancing the ravenette who's eyes were invested in the game.

Carefully, he took her hand, intertwining his fingers in her as he squeezed it tight.

"Because you're here." He mumbled bluntly, yet deep inside, he meant it sincerely. "If we win, you're gonna play the violin until we both fall asleep."

"Sounds like I'm really gonna do it then."

"Because you're sure we're gonna win?"

"That and even if you don't, which I doubt, I'll always play the violin for you if you'd ask me to." Shinyya giddily smiled at her boyfriend to which Suna only responded with a deadpanned stare before ruffling her hair.

The whistle blew, indicating the end of the match and expectedly Fukurodani won. The crowd watched as they celebrated victoriously before exiting the court.

Just in time, Hina-san arrived back beside Shinyya with a bunch of snacks in her hand. The same time Kita called his team to make their way to court E.