(6)

A few days later, my family got ready to go to Atlanta and most of us had to ride in the car. Momma and Daddy was gon take a plane but me, Von, Mani and Durk was gon take a car. The day of, I was packing all Dayvon's stuff in his lil superhero bag then I said "Von come here please." He walked in the room in his boxers then he said "What?" Me: "Nigga why ain't you dressed? Is Dayvon dressed?" Von: "We bout to leave?" I pinched my nose and said "Baby... issa 10 hour drive to Atlanta." Von: "Dayumm fr?" Me: "Yes. Please go put some clothes on." Von: "You know you want dis 😂" I smacked his leg and said "Go." He walked out then he yelled "Aye Dayvon come here" Me: "Dis nigga so lazy. Do you got all yo stuff together?" Von: "Yeah. I just gotta put some clothes on." I got up then I seen Dayvon crawling up the steps and he said "Huh?" Von: "Come on I gotta get you dressed." He picked him up then he sat him on his bed and said "Aye ma hand me some clothes." I handed him an outfit then I walked out and took Dayvon's bag downstairs. There was a knock on the door then I said "I got it!" I opened the door and seen Mani and Durk standing on the porch. Me: "Heyyy. Come in." I let them in then I gave both of them a hug and Durk said "Y'all ready?" Me: "Waiting on them 2 to put some damn clothes on 😭" Durk put his arm around Mani and got ready to put his hand on her stomach then she stepped away from him and said "Um... I gotta pee." Durk: "I told you not to drink allat juice 🤣" She walked upstairs then he said "You know wassup wit her?" Me: "Huh?" Durk: "She won't let me touch her no mo. Wheneva I try to put my arm on her or lay on her stomach, she'll push me away. Ion know what's wrong wit her. She just real distant and it's been like dis for a few months." Me: "Uh... Maybe it's just her time of the month? She's fine I promise." Durk: "I hope she is... Ion wanna lose dat." Von came downstairs and he was still in his boxers then Durk said "Nigga get dressed 😂" Von: "I gotta take a piss and Mani inna bathroom." Me: "How is that stoppin you from puttin clothes on?" Von: "Ion know. Mani! Hurry up." Mani: "Go to hell Von!" I raised my eyebrows and he said "Who da fuck... She ain't talkin to me." Durk: "She inna bad mood." Mani came downstairs and said "I'm sorry... Dat was mean. I'm sorry." She gave him a hug then she started tearing up and he said "You got issues." Mani sat on the couch and sighed then she said "I know" Durk: "Are you good?" Mani: "Uh... Yeah." He sat next to her and she got up then she said "Um.. So where's Dayvon?" I pointed at the steps and she walked up there.

Von: "I gotta take a piss mane hollon." He ran upstairs and Durk said "You see what I'm talkin bout? I ain't even touch her dis time." He sat on the couch and pushed his dreads back then I said "Y'all gon be ight Durk, I promise. She's just goin thru something right now and she tryna figure out how to deal with it." Durk: "Mani know she can tell me anything doe. If she ain't feelin me or sum I need her to tell me dat cus I'm not wit whateva she on rn." Me: "Y'all gon be straight. Just trust me. I know you havin doubts but I promise y'all gon be good. You told me to trust you when Von got locked up, I'm tellin you to trust me." He looked up and said "Ight... I preciate you." Von ran down the steps and started singing then I said "Hush bruh damn 😭" He came over to me and picked me up then he kept singing. Me: "Put me down." Von: "No." He kissed me and said "I'm ready to go." Me: "Can you put all the bags in the car? I gotta get Dayvon ready." He put me down and said "Ight I gotchu." He picked up the bags then he opened the door and walked out to the car. Mani came downstairs with Dayvon then she said "Ight let's get ready lil man." Dayvon: "I wanna ride wit Durk!" Me: "Okay.. What car you riding in Durk?" He looked at Mani then he said "Mine." Me: "Ight just get his car seat out Von's car." He nodded and walked out then I said "Mani you gotta tell him. He think dat youn wanna be wit him and it's hurtin him." Mani: "I'm scared to tell him Lai... Ion want him thinking that tho.." Me: "Please tell him when we get to Atlanta." Mani: "Fine I will." Durk came back in and picked Dayvon up then he said "You comin Mani?" Mani: "Uh... Um imma ride wit Lai." Me: "You are?" Mani: "Yeah.." Durk: "Oh.. Ight" Von came in and said "Ight I'm ready. Y'all come on." Me: "Mani riding wit us. Durk gon have Dayvon." Von: "What? I'm finna ride wit dem too. Y'all take my car." He tossed me the keys and I said "Okay..." Dayvon: "Wait Mama I gotta pee." Durk put him down and Von said "Come on." He took him upstairs then Durk said "Mani you sure you ight?" Mani: "Yes... I'm fine." She gave him a kiss and he tried to put his arms around her but she stepped back and patted his arm. He shook his head and said "Imma be inna car."