19: Falling

We walked into the only hotel of the small village. It was so late, I thought I would collapse out of exhaustion, especially after the day I had.

"Can we get two rooms?" Kakashi asked the receptionist as I rested against the front counter.

"We have one room left."

"O-oh, uh..." Kakashi trailed off awkwardly.

"We'll take it," I mumbled. "Can we please have the key?"

She handed it over and I left Kakashi to handle the payment. He was the one with all the resources for the mission anyway. A mission I wasn't exactly thrilled to get. We were hunting down Orochimaru.

I took off my shoes as I walked through the door and looked at the small hotel room. I flopped down on the bed, debating whether or not I wanted to shower now or in the morning.

"I'm sorry there wasn't another room," Kakashi mumbled as he walked in.

"I don't care. I'm going to shower," I got up and went to the bathroom. I quickly washed off, eager to get to bed.

I peeked my head out of the door, "Did you bring me clothes for this mission?"

"Hmm?" he looked up from his book and his face got red by just seeing the top of me that was covered in a towel. "Y-yea. Here." He awkwardly tossed me the bag.

I pulled it in the bathroom and got dressed. I think my mom packed it because there were all my favorite clothes for relaxing. I threw on shorts and a large shirt, brushed my teeth and hair, and left the bathroom.

"I'm going to shower too," he muttered as he got up. I didn't understand why he was being so weird, but I was too tired to think about it much further.

I crawled underneath the plush, warm covers and cuddled up. I saw Kakashi's Icha Icha book on the nightstand and grabbed it to read.

He was right at one of my favorite parts, and I giggled as I read the cute romance scene, grateful it wasn't one of the other scenes.

Unlike Kakashi, I was not open to reading those in public.

"You better not lose my page," he teased as he walked over the bed. His hair dripped wet and rested on the side of his face. He wore a tight, sleeveless undershirt that hugged against his strong body.

I honestly couldn't even breathe as I looked at him.

"Here," I smiled as I handed the book back. "That's one of my favorite parts actually."

"Mm, so you're a hopeless romantic?" he laughed as he grabbed the book.

"I'm surprised you haven't already noticed."

"Hey, uh, I can sleep on the floor if you're more comfortable with that."

I had already rolled over so my back was facing him, and my breath was starting to slow as I focused on finally getting the sleep I needed.

"Hmm? No, of course not. I don't care at all."

"Oh, ok then," he said softly before crawling into the bed himself. We weren't touching but the heat radiating off him was enough to get me refocused and wide awake.

Shit, Y/n, you need to be sleeping. Not worrying about Kakashi... who had already turned off his lamp and was breathing peacefully.

It was completely dark in the room now, and I couldn't see a thing, so I just tried to focus on making my mind as blank and empty as the room felt.

I felt Kakashi rustle in the bed, and I rolled my eyes. Of course he's already asleep. Lucky bastard. I was just a friend to him, someone he probably felt sorry for.

Or worse, maybe he was assigned to watch me and make sure I didn't go rogue again.

I froze as I felt his hand rest on my arm.

It's ok, Y/n. He probably just did it accident as he slept. It wasn't a very big bed anyway.

"Y/n," he whispered softly.

Ok, so he's not asleep, which means that wasn't an accident which means he wanted to touch me.

He wants to touch me.

"Y/n," he called again as he scooted closer towards me, and I let out a loud sigh as his body nestled against mine.

"Hi Kakashi," I whispered back.

My heart raced as I felt him lay a soft kiss on my cheek. Except it was different this time, I actually felt his lips. His real lips. Not covered by any type of fabric.

I quickly turned around to face him, but it was still so dark and I really couldn't see anything. I brought my hand to his face and touched his soft skin.

I traced his lips lightly with my fingers, feeling chills rush over me.

"Enjoying yourself?" he teased.

"Very much," I laughed.

"Y/n."

"Hmm?" I asked, still distracted by the feeling of his skin.

He quickly closed the gap between us, pushing his lips on mine. I let out a soft moan as our mouths moved perfectly together. He moved his hand to my neck, holding it gently yet firmly.

Slowly, he slid his tongue out, and I wasted no time in greeting it. I loved the taste of him and the silkiness of his tongue. The warmth and softness of his lips driving me wild.

As we pulled away to breathe, I heard him laugh softly to himself.

"Now look who's enjoying themselves," I teased.

He brushed my hair aside and gently kissed me on the forehead, "Y/n, I've been wanting to do that for so long."

I laughed, "Well, no need to hold back now."

We both kissed through bright smiles, and I felt the butterflies fluttering freely. I had no idea I would ever feel this way about anyone, but I never wanted it to leave now that I had it.

I never wanted him to leave.

"I care about you so much," he whispered softly, caressing my face.

I snuggled up closely to his chest, letting him hold me in his strong arms. The feeling of his warm breath tickling my neck. I had never felt safer than I did in that moment.

I knew that I could trust Kakashi with everything, including my heart. Tonight truly couldn't have been more perfect.

Kakashi, I am falling so fast for you.