Chapter 26: Recollection

ALEX'S POV

Unti-unting sumisikip ang dibdib ko. Hindi ko na mabilang kung ilang beses nila ako tinurukan ng mga kung anu-anong gamot. Sa kada pagbukas ng mga mata ko, kung hindi madilim, umiikot naman ang lahat ng nakikita ko. 

Nagawa kaya ni Riell ang pinapakiusap ko sa kanya? Nagawa nga ba niyang mapaabot ang balita tungkol sa akin sa HEAD? Papunta na ba sila? Alam na rin kaya ni kuya ang nangyari sa akin? 

Either way, I am honestly not afraid about my safety. It is the lives of the ones I love I am worried about. I've been thinking about it for a while. I never wanted to be used to hurt those people who matter so much to me. I don't want to live like a mere material with no freedom. I want to live because I want to and there's something more that I wanted to do. 

Narinig ko ang papalapit nang papalapit na mga yabag ng doktor papunta sa kinararatayan ko. Gayunpaman, hindi ko magawa mailihis ang ulo ko kung kaya't hindi ko siya makita. It was so damn irritating lying here with only the white ceiling as a view. "Ack." I  reacted once I've felt that sensation again. The sensation when something is flowing down your veins. It's just the same when Dr. Devroid had to make us take Escape.

I guess when you are completely numb in a particular moment, your senses become more sensitive than they originally were and you can notice almost everything that surrounds you. Even the slightest touch. 

"Is she ready?" I heard Juno asked. He'd never left me in here. He keeps on ordering around to get this and to get that. Everyone seems to be in chaos just by hearing him bossing them around.

"No yet, sir. Just what I told you last time, this is technically impossible! The chip may be programmed with the most advanced technology that we have but to control a human being completely with this solid device is something that is unheard for all of us! You should've at least get someone who is already on the verge of death. But this lady..." napatigil ito.

 I guess Juno is throwing numerous dagger looks at him already. Someone who is as determined as this and someone who have gone this far won't take the word 'impossible' on his vocabulary.

As expected, I'm about to be used again. I've tried so hard avoiding to be attached to anyone because I don't want to be treated like an object again. That's right. That is one reason. I don't want to be fooled again and lose something important in the end. 

I just want everything to end now. Right here, right now. 

"You're really useless, aren't you?" 

Mga ilang segundo pagkatapos din ng pagkakabigkas niya sa insultong iyon ay naramdaman ko ang pagtalsik sa akin ng kung anong basa. I don't have to play ignorant, do I? This is blood. Droplets of blood from that doctor. A doctor who is only trying to imply what's humane and inhumane.