Chapter 54- Getting back on your feet

Y/N had been discharged from the hospital, much to the joy of Miguel and Johnny. They hated seeing her coped up in that bed. After she was discharged, Johnny and Miguel started packing her things and bringing them to Johnny's apartment. He and Y/N decided it would be better if she moved there with him since he had more space. And plus Y/N didn't want to stay at her place anymore. It held too many memories of parents.

Speaking of her parents, well birth givers as Y/N liked to call them now, they had been arrested after the trial. The judge was able to indict them on child neglect, child abuse and also found evidence of tax evasion, racketeering, embezzlement, and just about every white-collared crime under the sun. They would be going away for a long time.

Y/N made her way into her apartment, Miguel pushing her wheelchair. She hadn't seen the place in nearly three weeks and she was happy she would never have to see it ever again. Aloud bark caught her attention and she looked over to see Buddy running over to her. Oh, she missed her boy. "Hey, sweet boy." She cooed, petting him. He gave a happy bark and jumped into her lap. Even though he was big, he acted like a lap dog.

"He sure did miss you," Miguel stated with a laugh. "And I missed him," Y/N replied, scratching Buddy behind the ear. Y/N really did miss him. She also missed Sam, Amanda, Daniel, Demetri...Robby.

While Y/N was ecstatic that Johnny had adopted her, she couldn't stop thinking about Robby. She wanted to tell him but how could she? She couldn't just exactly roll into the detention center and announce they were now related and just leave. Especially since she was aware of his feelings for her. Still, he needed to hear it from her and not somebody else.

Y/N voiced these concerns to Miguel who was packing up a box of her books. Miguel taped the box shut and leaned on it, looking up at his girlfriend. "While I do agree you should be the one to tell him, you should probably wait," Miguel suggested. "But the longer I wait, the more likely it is for him to hear it from someone else." Y/N pointed out. Miguel knew she was right but he didn't know what to say to ease her worry.

"Alright let's go Speed Racer. It's time to work those gimpy legs like a rented mule." Johnny announced, walking into Y/N's apartment. Y/N rolled her eyes. "Speed Racer? Seriously?" She questioned, unamused. Johnny shrugged and walked over to Y/N's wheelchair. "Best I could do."

He pushed her out of her apartment with Miguel behind them. "Wait right here," Johnny instructed walking away. "It's not like I can go anywhere," Y/N muttered, making Miguel snort. "Sorry, that's not funny." He apologized. Y/N just laughed and grabbed his hand. "It was kind of funny."

Suddenly a magazine with a very attractive woman in a bikini on the cover lowered itself in front of Y/N. Y/N looked at it confused before looking up to see Johnny leaning over a railing holding a fishing pole. "What's this?" She questioned. "This is a collection of the tastiest babes of 1988. You're not gonna get to see 'em unless you grab it." Johnny replied. "Ok first of all this seems more like something for Miguel and secondly, you do realize I could just look these up on my phone, right?" Y/N said. Johnny just rolled his eyes. "Come on just go for it."

Y/N just sighed and let go of Miguel's hand before reaching for the magazine. Johnny brought the magazine up, making her miss. "Weak! That's all you got, Lawrence? I thought you Cobra Kai's best student?" Johnny taunted, lowering the magazine in front of Y/N again. Y/N gave a frustrated sigh before trying again.

She pushed her hands on the metal arms of the wheelchair and started pushing herself up, using her upper body to keep herself steady. She reached her hand up and her fingers lightly brushed the bottom of the magazine until she lost her balance and fell over. "Ah shit," Johnny muttered before dropping the fishing pole and running down the stairs.

Miguel tan over to Y/N and wrapped his arms around her waist, lifting her back into her chair. "Are you ok, kid?" Johnny asked. Y/N nodded. "Hey listen give it a minute and then we'll go again," Johnny stated. "Actually, I'm tired I'm going to go take a nap," Y/N announced before wheeling away. She didn't want to admit it but she didn't think she'd be able to walk again. And while she did appreciate Johnny's efforts, she didn't think they'd work.
-----------------------------
Soon Miguel came and woke her up, telling her that Johnny was coking the three of them hotdogs. After getting into her wheelchair, the two went out into the courtyard where Johnny was lighting a grill. "You know why they call this a hibachi?" Johnny asked as the flam ignited. "They don't. It's a kettle grill." Y/N corrected. "Hundred years ago in ancient China, there was a tiny little village of dairy farmers, living fat off their milk and cheese. Then when the drought came, they needed to get water from the river. None of the Chinamen wanted to do their work."

"I'm not sure that's the appropriate term," Miguel interjected. Johnny rolled his eyes. "China people, whatever. The point is, they were laying around in hammocks waiting for rain. So a wise man gathered up a bunch of twigs and stuffed it under the villagers while they slept. Know why he did then?" Johnny asked. "Lit a fire under them?" Y/N questioned back. "Exactly. That's where the expression comes from. Do you know what that wise man's name was?" Johnny asked, kneeling down next to Y/N.

"Hibachi?" Miguel answered sarcastically. "Damn straight," Johnny replied. "Yeah well, hibachis are from Japan, not China, where there weren't a lot of dairy farmers, historically or hammocks. You think we'd fall for that?" Y/N asked, crossing her arms over her chest. "No, but I knew you'd be too busy calling my bullshit to know what I was really up to," Johnny replied. "Oh, yeah? What's that?" Y/N questioned with a raised eyebrow. "Lighting a fire under you."

Johnny lifted up a bottle of lighter fluid and the lighter, making Y/N's eyes widened. "What did you do?" She asked, looking down at her feet. Johnny lit her shoelace on fire. "What did you do?" Miguel questioned angrily, moving forward to stomp out the fire. Johnny held his hand up to the boy, signaling for him to stop in his tracks. "Are you insane?" Y/N asked. "Depends who you ask. Come on, Lawrence! Shake a leg."

"I can't!"

"You can if you want it bad enough."

"It's all I want!"

"Then focus! Tell your brain to tell your legs to get their asses moving!"

The flame started moving father up Y/N's shoelace, getting closer to foot. Y/N inhaled sharply and attempted to move her legs but of course, nothing happened. The fire got closer and closer to her foot making her grow more and more anxious. The fire reached up her foot and caught on to her socks, making the fire crawl up her leg. "Dad, it's going up my leg!" Y/N shouted trying to move her leg to shake it off.

Johnny ran over and grabbed a fire extinguisher and put out the fire, making Y/N sigh in relief. "I love you and everything but could you maybe not set me on fire?" Y/N asked. Johnny winced. "Yeah, my bad." He said, scratching the back of his neck. "I'll say." Y/N scoffed. Miguel quietly laughed while Johnny just glared at his daughter playfully. He was going to do everything he could to help her and he wouldn't stop until she could walk again,
--------------------------------
A/N it feels weird writing Y/N's last name as Lawrence instead of L/N but I kind of like it. Anyways hope you enjoyed and stay hydrated