• 𝙩𝙬𝙤 •

I was woken up to sunlight beaming through my windows. I sit up to see one of the maids standing at the end of my bed.

"Sorry to awake you so early madam, but your mother calls for you."

I nod my head and sit up and stare around my room for a while. My mind reflects on the moments that happened yesterday evening. I give a slight smile to the thought then get ready for the day.

I walk down stairs to the dinning room. I stand in the giant door frame and see my mother at the end of the table.

"Ah y/n, your finally up." She says as she walks up to me. "I need you to run a few errands for me darling."

"Sure what do you need?"

"I just need you to go to town to pick up some fruits. I need them to prepare the cake."

"If you don't mind me asking mother, but what for?"

"Well the ball of course. Have you forgotten?"

"Of course not."

"Good. I will prepare a carriage for you."

"Don't worry mother. I am very much capable of riding to town myself thank you very much." I say with confidence.

"Well then. You are excused." 

With that, I walk down to the stables and tack up one of our horses. I grab the saddle and prepare to put it on the horse.

"Please let me madam." One of our servants says to me.

"I can do it myself thank you." I say with a warm smile trying not to offend him. I'm not sure why they still try to assist me like I'm a child. Although I do appreciate their service, I am not like my mother wanting everything done for her. I like to be independent.

I lead my horses out the barn and put my foot in the stirrup and push off the ground to get on.

I grab the reins and head to town.

___________________________________

After a long ride I finally get to town.

I hop off my horse and tie him to a stand. I grab my basket and look for a local fruit stand. I try to buy from small businesses rather than the more popular ones.

I find one of my favorite stands out of the whole market. The seller, Vance, and I are pretty close. I've been buying fruits from him since I was about 13.

"Welcome back Ms. Berkshire." He says with a smile. "Hello Vance. It's nice to see you again." I reply.

"The usual correct?"

I nod as he fills my basket with colorful fresh fruit.

"There you go madam!" He says as he give me the basket back.

"Thank you Vance." I hand him the price.

As I walk back to my horse I see a familiar head above the crowds. As I approach him I see a clearer view of him. It appears he is talking to a girl cupping her face.

I walk up to him in annoyance knowing exactly who this person is.

"Lorenzo!" I say as I turn him around.

"Oh hello fellow sister. What brings you here?" He says with a smirk on his face.

"I would ask you the same thing."

"Well you see-"

I cut him off by dragging him away by his collar.
He turns around to blow a kiss to the young lady he was talking to. I roll my eyes and drag him out of the crowd.

"You know mother has already prepared a wife for you." I say.

"Yes but it's not official."

"Yet! You know mother has been planning this wedding since you turned 18!" I say slightly yelling.

"I know but I love this girl! Not the one mother has planned for me y/n!"

"Do what you will but don't blame me when you get caught." I say letting go of his collar.

"Thank you."

"Now get home before mother finds you gone."

He nods and winks at me as he runs off.

I roll my eyes and untie my horse and head home.

___________________________________

"Here you go mother." I hand her the basket. "Thank you dearest." I walk out and head to my room. "Oh before you go y/n, do you have someone to accompany you to the ball?" She asks. I smile.

"Yes mother, I'm going with Diggory."

"Oh great. Always thought we was a good boy for you. Now run along and prepare for bed."

"Yes mother."

I go up stairs and prepare for bed. I light my candles and get under the sheets. As I drift off to bed I hear slight bangs on my window. I get up out of bed to check. I open the window and jolt to the side dogging a pebble.

"Sorry!"

I look out of the window to see Cedric.

"It's midnight what are you doing!" I say slightly laughing.

"Just wanted to see you before the ball." He says with his cheeky smile.

"Go home Diggory." I say closing my windows.

"Will I see you again Ms. Berkshire?" He exclaimed.

I tilt my head and nod. He walks off smiling once more.

___________________________________

A;N

I hope you all are liking the story so far! Please don't forget to vote and thank you for the reads! <3