14

The Dope Show ~ Marilyn Manson (*)

**ignore the license plate in the picture....

Second part of chapter 12! Read that chapter before this one. And I would read 13 too, but more importantly 12.

••••••
Rayne ~~ Present Day ~~

I don't even know how to react. Let alone speak.

Harry is looking at me curiously, like he's wondering why I wanted to know his brothers name.

Probably because I fucking know him and I've been living with him for almost a year.

It feels like all at once, my eyes have been opened and I'm seeing so many obvious signs I didn't even bother to notice.

Arden has Harry's eyes, smile, dimples, hair. Everything. His posture, his walk, he even runs his hands through his brown curls just like I've seen Harry do countless times.

Oh my god.

Arden doesn't even remember Harry's name. Or anything other than what happened to their mom and what he did to her. Harry didn't let him remember anything else. But Arden does know that Harry is still in Chicago and that's why he never wanted to leave.

Losing his older brother has had more of an effect on Arden then he'll care to admit, but I see it. He's always trying to find anything he can on Harry. Usually with no luck other than knowing what state he's in. And based on what Harry has said, he has no idea where Arden is either.

But I know. I know where Harry and Arden both are. With just a quick phone call I could have them reunited instantly.

It's not my place to make that decision for Arden though. I have to talk to him about this first. But what do I tell Harry?

Something like, "Hey, I know your brother. He's the kid who saved my life the day I escaped from being held captive by the monster we're both after. I've been living with him this whole time. Would you like me to take you to him?"

That would be nuts. And what if Harry didn't even believe me?

God I don't know what to do. And Harry is looking at me like I've grown a second head. I don't blame him either, my thoughts are so frantic right now and I'm sure you can tell just by looking at me.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

I just stare at him with wide eyes. Unable to do anything else at the moment. "I-uh I don't know. I'm uh-," I can't even speak clearly, I knew I wouldn't be able to.

Harry takes a step towards me and it's like a sort of wake up call or something that snaps me out of my dazed state.

"Nothing's wrong." I try to recollect myself and not act so weird.

This spontaneous piece of information has a plethora of thoughts zipping through my brain, but I'm a good actress. So I pretend to be perfectly fine.

Harry gives me a furrowed look, but seems to buy it anyway.

I don't know how to fucking tell him this shit.

I pull my phone out when I feel it buzz, and of course it's Arden.

Arden - Hey, when you coming home? I've got another possible lead.

You - Leaving now.

Too bad I rode my bike here, I won't have long to sort out the thoughts in my head now like I would if I were to walk.

I do feel bad for just leaving like this after we both just spoke of something that makes us incredibly vulnerable though. We opened up for the first time to each other, and now I'm leaving. But that's not why, so I'll make sure he knows that.