EPILOGUE

Stars twinkled across the dark blanket that embrace the universe

Stars twinkled across the dark blanket that embrace the universe. Eyes sparkled as it saturated itself with the spots and speckles of light lit against the black sky.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

Jisoo felt her heart skip a beat.

That voice.

She looked over at the man who stood, leaning against the banister and looking up to the sky. A smile curled up his lips and he turned to look at the frozen stance of the woman he loved till his dying breath, "Look."

He nudged his head towards the sky and looked back at the stars. Jisoo's gaze followed his and took in the sight before her. It was indeed very beautiful. But not as beautiful as the man that caught her attention immediately.

"Beautiful indeed." She whispered, looking at the love of her life.

Tae looked at Jisoo and stood straight, the smile never leaving his lips, "I was talking about the sky."

"And I was talking about you." She admitted, in a soft voice, afraid that anything too loud would break her from this dream.

The brunette took a step towards her, fingers tucking her stray hair behind her ear, "Not as beautiful as you, love."

Jisoo's eyes twinkled with the tears brimming in them, "I miss you, Tae."

"I miss you too, love." His thumb gently brushed her cheekbone, "I'm sorry for the pain I caused you."

"No." She caught Tae's wrist and pressed it against her skin, "No... I'm sorry. If I had just let you know... I wouldn't have los-"

His slender index finger pressed against her lips, "Don't. Please."

Our heads snapped to the sky when the sun began to rise from the horizon, spreading its red blush across the sky.

"It's time to go." Tae cooed.

No... she didn't want to leave yet.

"I understand, love. But this life just wasn't for us. You have much to live. Much to experience. Don't get caught up behind because of me. You have someone who loves you... embrace it." Taehyung wiped the stray tear that fell from her eyes, "I love you."

"I love you too. I'll always love you." She gulped.

The brightness of the sun began to burn her skin and eyes.

"I'll find you again... Goodbye, my love."

"Jisoo! You're awake!"

"Taehyung..."

FIVE YEARS LATER

Not a day went by without the sunset. And not a day went without me witnessing it, waiting patiently to see the star-filled night.

A wave of warmth settled on my shoulders while my eyes were fixed on the night sky. A pair of hands squeezed my shoulder comfortingly before I looked up to greet the person.

"Thank you." I hugged the blanket he had placed on me and moved aside for him to sit.

His hands encircled around my waist as his head rested on my shoulder, "Looking at the stars as usual, are we?"

I looked over at him and noticed that he was still in his work clothes, "Why don't you take a shower first, Taehyung?"

"I will. Soon." He sighed and hugged me closer and tighter, "Let me just hold on to you for a bit, yeah?"

My cheeks grew warm. I could never get used to his affection. It always managed to make my heart race. Even after five years.

Silence engulfed us as we stayed frozen in our places, eyes wandering into the vastness of the sky. All I could hear was Taehyung's breath as his chest rose and fell against my arm.

"There's something I wanted to talk to you about." Taehyung pulled away a little, instantly making me crave for his warmth. I pushed that feeling aside and hummed.

"What is it?" I looked into his eyes.

Taehyung chewed on his lip as his feet furiously tapped against the floor, "Umm... phew, okay!"

He cleared his throat and stood up. My eyebrows knit at his peculiar actions. It seemed like he was talking to himself as he mumbled incoherent words. I observed but didn't complain.

"Okay." He nodded and rubbed his palms together. He knelt down on one knee before me and held my hands gently, "Choi Jisoo."

My heart began to race. His tone was unlike his usual tone, and I think I knew where this was going. I didn't dare to utter a word. I simply stared at him like a deer caught in headlights.

"Five years went by so fast with you by my side. And these five years with you has been the best I've ever experienced in my entire life. You taught me many things, one of them being how to love. Thank you for teaching me how to love. Thank you for never giving up on me even when I was a work in progress. Thank you for forgiving me during the times I hurt you."

I felt all my blood rush to my face, spreading intense heat over my skin. I could feel my heart hammering against my chest, waiting to tear its way out any moment now.

"Jisoo... did you ever wonder, out of all 7 billion humans existing in this world, why you ended up in my bed that morning?" He smiled and rubbed his thumb against my knuckles, "Fate knew that we were meant to be. It was our destiny to meet each other. Fall in love. Grow together. And I cannot wait for the coming years to spend with you."

His hand sighed into his coat pocket and pulled out a little purple velvet box, "I know you said you wanted to take things slow and I understand why. But I wanted to do this because I can't think about anything else but us being together. Married. Having our very own, little family."

My mind was no longer in a working condition. I had no words to explain how I felt.

He opened the box before me and smiled, "Choi Jisoo, will you do me the honours to be your husband?"

My palms clasped against my lips as my teary eyes moved back and forth between the diamond ring and Taehyung who waited for my answer.

"Well... is that a yes or -"

"YES!" I cried, throwing my hands around his neck and tackling him to the ground, "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

A hearty chuckled erupted from Taehyung's lips as he hugged me back, on the floor, "You know, this ring won't put itself on your finger."

I pulled back and playfully glared at him. I placed my left palm on his chest before he slipped the ring onto my finger. His fingers tangled in my locks as he gently pulled me towards his lips. My arms moved around his neck as our lips danced in sync with each other, savouring this beautiful moment that was the beginning to a much beautiful story.

Our story.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

SOOOOOO!!! First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOONGLES!!! I LOVE YOU AND I HOPE YOU WIN THE GRAMMY!

Secondly, THIS BOOK HAS OFFICIALLY COME TO AN END!!!

I hope this epilogue was enjoyable.

I just want to thank you all for giving this book a chance and coming so far. You guys have been so supportive and I can't explain in words just how grateful I am to you guys.

I love you all!💜❤️

This chapter is unedited so please forgive me if there are errors.