Chapter 44: Scents of another

Meanwhile, the night of the same day, in another part of Seoul a mesmerising figure looked in the mirror.

She quietly sat on her velvet cushioned seat, her vanity placed in front of her. Gently removing the hinges and hooks of her earrings, she let out a relief when she felt the lack of weight from her ears. Ones that were previously tortured and occupied by heavy dangling diamonds.

It had been almost an 4 and a half hours ago when she and her husband had left a dinner party held in honour of her husband getting a new brand deal for his company.

She heard it was a pretty impactful deal since it would earn him over a billion in a few months time. The dinner was also held for her to meet and supposedly socialise with Junhoe's friends.

She knew well enough to call them his friends since he'd never dare to call her friends his own. Roseanne knew of his subtle irritation towards them.

She couldn't really blame him, not when all of her friends remained to have close ties with a certain person who can't seem to get out of Junhoe's head.

Roseanne was never dumb. She wasn't insensitive. She could read Junhoe like an open book. Every movement and contort of his face. Every foreign expression. She knew the unpleasant facade he'd show whenever her father was around.

She despised it so badly. Not that Junhoe acted in such a way, but the reason why he has to. Roseanne Kim found it unreasonable how her own husband remained to be insecure of a situation in the past.

Couldn't he understand that she married him? Not anybody else?

It didn't matter if her father says otherwise, or if Junhoe's parents hypothetically didn't like her. She wouldn't let it change a damn thing.

Her face contorted in quite an insightful expression. She could only ponder the thought that, the person in the relationship was her and Junhoe. No one else.

It was quite selfish for him to think in such a way. She understood that he remains to have his doubts regarding her love for him, but it was unfair. It was unfair for him to act so childish when she openly expressed her love for him. He was indirectly blaming her for his doubts about her unfaithfulness.

She loved him. She truly did. She wasn't dumb enough to marry someone she had no feelings for, however, seeing how her husband acted these days made her flinch in worry.

Something had altered after they had gotten married. Rosie was sure of it.  She couldn't pin point exactly what, but something had changed.

During college, he expressed his love to her with fairness and devotion. He gave her choices, he was not pushy nor aggressive.

But these days...

A gush of cold wind entered the room, enveloping her small back as she felt a presence enter a room.

Long and heavy strides followed by heavy breathes started to fill up the room's silence. "I thought that you'd take at most half an hour....I've been waiting for you for over 3 hours, hon". The short hand of the clock rested its position at 2:00 am.

"Sorry, I lost track of time" she heard him say in the midst of mellow lighting.

She had taken a bath a long time ago, making it easier for her to smell the strong scent of alcohol on his skin and clothes the moment he passed by.

She could feel his steps on the marble floors of the walk in closet where she remained. From the mirror that hugely remained in front of her, she could see his figure shifting from side to side, loosening his suit's collar and buttons.