Chapter 12

The ninjas are at Dareth's dojo to train Lloyd and Y/n on how to use Jay's lightning powers. They begin by getting them to attempt lighting up a light bulb in their hands.

"Focus. Control the power inside you. When you feel a surge welling up, harness it," Jay instructs as Lloyd and Y/n nod.

"We understand. We are in control," Lloyd says before they try again.

"Come on. You can do it!"

Lloyd breaks his bulb while Y/n successfully lights up hers up.

"Ah! Stupid light bulb!" Lloyd curses and Y/n ducks. "You're putting too much pressure on me. Let me have one more try," Lloyd says.

"Ugh, sorry, Lloyd. That was the last light bulb," Kai says.

Cole passes the youngest ninjas two brooms. "Clean up, you two. We'll continue training tomorrow."

Lloyd sighs before he uses the broomstick to smack a punching bag.

Jay sighs. "What am I doing wrong, Sensei Wu? I can't seem to teach Lloyd how to control his power."

"You dare to defy the Green Ninja?" Lloyd asks the punching bag as Y/n giggles when the broom rebounded and hit him in the face.

"Patience, Jay," Wu says. "Sometimes, the greatest opponent we face is ourselves, and that's especially true of Lloyd. Remember where he came from. He's the son of Lord Garmadon. It's going to take time for him to embrace the light. And I dare say that Y/n will help him a lot along the way."

Nya enters the room wearing a sequined dress. "Hey, guys."

"Big sis," Y/n said, her eyes lighting up as she runs up to her for a hug.

"Hey, Nya!" The other ninjas greet.

"Hey, Jay. Uh, want to come by the auto body shop later?" She asks.

"Uh, the auto body shop?"

"Yeah," She says. "I got a part-time job. Though I could fix up the Ultra Sonic Raider in my off time. Maybe if you come over, I can show you what I've been working on."

"Uh, sure, heh," Jay replies before seeing the letter she is holding. "Uh, what you got there?"

"Oh, um, this letter came for Lloyd," She explains, giving it to Sensei Wu.

"Hmm. It's from Lloyd's old school," Wu says.

"The Darkley School for Bad Boys?" Cole asks.

"Formerly Bad Boys," Wu explains. "Since the last time we were there, they've changed to the Darkley School for Great Children."

"Heh, wait. They turned good?" Kai asks.

"Hmm, it says here there's going to be a ceremony."

"I love ceremonies. That means there's going to be cake," Cole says.

"Lloyd's change inspired them. Now they've invited Lloyd to give him an honorary degree in excellence," Wu says.

In the background, Y/n finishes dumping all the broken glass shards into the dustbin as Lloyd breaks the broom and headbutts the punching bag.

"Are we sure we're talking about the same Lloyd?" Kai asks.

Meanwhile, at the Black Bounty, Garmadon and his crew are planning on how to get rid of the ninjas.

"Squeeze in tight. Can everyone hear me? Okay, so let's brainstorm on how to use my Mega Weapon to destroy the Ninja. Remember, the weapon can only create, never destroy. And I can only use it once a day, as it drains all of my strength. So, no such thing as a bad idea. Anyone?"