Chapter 10

Day one or two has passed since Y/n and the penguins manage to hijack so many jeeps and other vehicles from the humans at the reserve. You guys took every part from each and every one of them and using it to repair the plane. However, it's going to take more than six or nine months to fix it because there are a few of us.

Y/n is exhausted from tearing parts from the jeeps and pulling out engines and battery from the hood and struggling to remove the car wheel for the plane. Even, you went through the humans' carry ons like backpacks and purses, and only found some useless items that won't be helpful on this plan. But you found a nice long rope with pearls in one of the bags, so you wrap it around your waist as a new look. It fits nice on you.

On lunch break, Y/n looked for some food and water to restore her health, she found some fresh mangos and water. However, there were animals drinking in the stream and when you stepped forward, their heads turns facing you and freaked out. They ran away in fear calling you a "Hunter". The reason why they called her a "hunter" is because she is human. And also she kinda looks like one. Well that was rude, just because Y/n is a human doesn't mean she won't hurt any animals. She loves them, but that didn't bother them.

Kowalsky: "Skipper, we have all the parts we need, but we're slightly behind schedule."

Skipper: "How slightly?"

Kowalsky: "Uh six to nine years."

Skipper: "Sixty-nine years?!"

Kowalsky: "No six to nine years." He corrected to his boss.

Skipper grab the microphone above the tourist theme roof of a vehicle and turn it on to speak through it.

Skipper: "Private, what happen to our thumbs?"

Private: "I haven't seen them since yesterday sir." He said but struggling to hold the screwdriver with his wings and ended up falling onto the ground.

Private: "Darn you Darwin." He said until the hood closed on him. You saw what happen and ran to help Private out of there.

Skipper: "Nobody goes AWOL on my watch. Private you're coming with me." He said but the front let out a small explosion causing you to land on your butt and seeing Private landed somewhere on one of the stolen vehicles.

Skipper: "Rico, you're coming with me." He said.

Rico turn his head facing Skipper, the blow torch turned off which made the left half of the jeep to fall off.

Skipper: "Hm, dollface you're coming with me."

Y/n was about to say something until a piece from the hood if exploded landed on her head. You groan and rub your head where it hit you.

Skipper: "Drag him down and bring him in for court-martial."

Thomas: "That won't be necessary. We've recruited a few extra thumbs for you Skipper."

More than one hundred appear for help on their escape plan on getting off of Africa. This moment made Skipper cry for joy. You were wrong about them after all, they didn't leave you to do the work, they brought helping hands by recruiting monkeys in every area in this country.

Skipper: "Well I'll be a monkey's uncle."

Thomas: "Oh I doubt that."

The monkeys chime loud while jumping and swinging around in joy.

Skipper: "Enough lollygagging, now let's get to work. Well divide into three group. Group Alpha, your in charge of sheet metal fabrication, Group Bronson you'll charge in assembly, and Group George Peppard you'll handle craft services. Any questions?"

There was a silence but when Thomas was about to speak Skipper cut him off.

Skipper: "Good, now let's get to work."

The monkeys then go nuts on tearing each vehicle apart from piece to piece, you on the other hand help them and continue on your job.

Skipper: "I'd like to kiss you monkey man."

Thomas: "Alright, but you're so darn ugly." He said and kiss Skipper on his beak. After that, he left silent of the moment leaving you thinking that it was weird, really weird.

Y/n: 'After this, I should check on my friends how they are doing.' You thought and continue on removing the roof of the vehicle with a blow torch you borrowed from Rico.