insecure v.2 ♡

Y/N POV

I look in the mirror, seeing what I look like with a slight bit of makeup I put on.

Well, i hate it.

"Whatever, I don't have time to fix it" I say out loud to myself, and walk to the other side of the bathroom, grabbing my dress that's hung up.

I pull off my shirt and my shorts, adjusting my underclothes and then grabbing my dress.

I slip it up onto my body, pulling it up and over my shoulders.

I finally adjust the dress to be comfortable, and look back into the mirror, looking at myself.

I look my own body up and down, finding multiple things to dislike, and liking them less and less the longer I stare at them.

From body shape to my height to anything else about my body, I just can't find reasons to like it.

I can't find anything about it that I think is pretty, or attractive.

I wish I could just go put on a pair of sweats and a tank top, something to look and feel comfortable in, and stay in for the night.

Unfortunately, I can't do that.

Unfortunately, I can't feel comfortable tonight. I HAVE to wear this dress and have to act like I want to be wearing it.

We're going out to dinner, Nick and I. We are going out to dinner with his FAMILY. It's his mother's birthday, and she decided she wanted the whole fam to go out to some fancy restaurant. We're talking dresses, suits, etc. FANCY.

And if it hadn't been for the fact Nick is my boyfriend and I love his mother, I would just find an excuse not to go.

Purely because I just don't like how I look.

Call me crazy, maybe I'm being overly insecure, but I can't help it, I've always been this way.

I stop myself from anymore thoughts while staring into the mirror, a dangerous game to play, and I walk out of the bathroom.

I walk into the bedroom after knocking on the door a few times and hearing a small "come in!"

I close the door behind me, and then around, to see Nick almost fully dressed.

"Can you help me with my tie real quick?" He asks, turning to me

I walk over to him, grabbing his tie and adjusting it to the right length, and then tying it correctly so it fits comfortable around his neck.

"Thank you" he says, and turns back to the closet, grabbing his nice shoes

"yeah" I reply in a straight voice, not in a good enough mode to show enthusiasm.

I sit down on the bed and grab my simple heels, pulling them onto my feet.

"You look beautiful babe" he says

"Thank you" I reply, not even looking his direction.

I don't know why I can't, but I just simply cannot get myself to take that compliment. My brain tells me it's just lies, even though my heart knows he means it.

"Babe? What's wrong? You always get all smiley and giddy when I compliment you." He says, and I can feel his eyes burning into my back, but I choose to not look at him, worried my eyes might start watering or I'll grow more upset.

"Nothing, nothings wrong" I say, continuing to act dumb

I hear him stand up, sighing, and walking over to me,