Chapter 20 - Family Festival (Pt1)

TW:

None, I know I surprised myself.

Before Chapter A/N:

The festival will be multiple parts, instead of giving them all different names I'll have the same name with parts- this saves time because I swear half the time I spend writing is just me finding a chapter name.

-----------

The day had arrived, the festival. Techno watched in amusement as Tommy practically bounced off the walls of Pogtopia in excitement. 

Techno mentally went over the list of people coming that weren't from the Dream SMP, Manberg, or Pogtopia. There was Tommy's mother, Phil, Tubbo's Dad (his mom couldn't make it), and countless other member's parents and siblings- if he remembered correctly even Drista, Dream's sister, would be attending. So there wasn't a very good chance of this being a ploy.

Finally, Wilbur was ready and they exited the ravine they now called home. Making their way through the forest they were mostly silent, all captured in their own thoughts. 

Tommy was worried about seeing Schlatt again. He had no doubt his mother would also recognize him. Maybe Schlatt already figured it out because he saw her name on the guest list. Then again, it wouldn't be all bad! He would get to see Tubbo's dad, who they called Captain, again. He was a nice fellow and often let Tommy visit on Christmas to take a break from the smp. So this festival couldn't be all bad.

Wilbur was lost in thought about Phil finally adopting Tommy. All the other papers had gone through, Dream and Phil had signed. Now all that was left was to tell Tommy. How he would take it? Wilbur was certain he would be thrilled, but that didn't change the fact that this might uncover unwanted triggers. Tommy hadn't had a family for the longest time- did he even know how to act when he did have one? Wilbur of course would prefer it if Tommy didn't change at all and didn't want his brother to feel like he had to.

Techno was thinking over how his potato production was continuing while he was away from the Empire. Ranboo never wanted to be first in command much preferring to be second in command despite Techno's pressure to train to be the ruler of the Antarctic Empire after Phil, Pete, and Techno were too old. If his production of potatoes was messed up he would be pissed. Although if they were messed up then possibly Ranboo wasn't the best choice, though hell if he wasn't at least second in command. He had too much experience to be wasted.

The group of three brothers stood at the top of a hill gazing down upon the festival below. Wilbur and Techno both obviously hesitant to go down but with Tommy's continuous fidgeting and obvious restlessness, they eventually made their way down the hill.

"Tommy!" A voice shouted, Tommy turned to his side just to be tackled to the ground by a brown and green flash.

"Tubbo!" Tommy laughed in response hugging his friend. Wilbur smiled at the two friends relaxing slightly.

"Wilbur!" Another voice shouted. Wilbur turned around seeing Niki walking over waving.

"Niki! How are you?" Wilbur smiled meeting her halfway and hugging her. 

"Okay," she shrugged "We can talk about that later," Niki smiled sadly before grabbing Wilbur's arm and dragging him away.

Tubbo and Tommy finally clambered off one another and Tubbo began to lead the younger blonde around the festival pointing out some random things that he had contributed to the festival.

Techno hadn't moved and internally smiled at Wilbur and Tommy being led away.

"Hey, mate," a voice said from behind him. Techno didn't bother turning around already knowing who it was. 

"How's Ranboo?" Techno said as Phil stepped forward to stand shoulder to shoulder with his son.

"Nervous wreck, maybe he's right y'know, not fit to be first in command," Phil responded crossing his arms looking across the festival.

"Maybe he's best to stay as a second in command then, we're not going away anytime soon, plenty of time to find a successor." Techno shrugged. Phil glanced at him his eyebrows raised.

"You got someone in mind mate? You've always tried to pressure him into being first in command when we're gone and suddenly it's fine that he doesn't want to?" Phil said in mild disbelief.

"Maybe," Techno said with a smirk.

-------------

"Yeah! I put up all the banners- Quackity helped as well!" Tubbo said in excitement gripping Tommy's arm dragging him around the festival "Oh! Oh! My dad's here- he'd be sooooo happy to see you c'mon!" Tubbo said as he began running dragging Tommy behind.

The two stopped in front of a man with sunglasses and a beard.

"Captain!" Tubbo squealed letting go of Tommy and hugging his father.

"Tubbo," Captain Sparklez smiled hugging his son back before switching to a one-armed hug and turning to Tommy "Tommy, it's great to see you again, I heard you saw your mother again? How was it?"

"It went great," Tommy replied "She should be here today actually," Captain blinked in surprise then smiled.

"I'm glad, could I meet her?" Captain questioned.

"She's right here," Tommy smiled peering around the Captain seeing his mother standing there. She was wearing a similar outfit to the last time she came minus all her usual jewelry.

"Ah, great to meet you!" Captain said. Tubbo ducked out of his father's hug grabbing Tommy's arm dragging him away again leaving those two to talk.