The Long Game Part Two

Don't Forget to Vote and Comment! I really want to know what you think!

"This is nothing to do with me. I'm going back to work." Cathica told the Doctor fiercely as she watched a blonde girl run over to them.

"Go on then see you!"

"Doctor! I'm back" Rose said eagerly to the Time Lord, making her brother roll his eyes slightly as he carried on working on the wires underneath the terminal for the Doctor.

"Where's Adam?" The Doctor questioned, chuckling quietly at the look on Alfie's face.

"Oh he got a bit overwhelmed so he's gone to the observation deck to calm down a bit." She said her eyes sparkling slightly.

"If you want to be helpful" Alfie muttered to Cathica who was staring at Rose with confusion on her face. "Stop staring at my sister and tell them to turn down the bloody heating"

"It's something to do with the turbine, I can't do anything" She says, finally looking away from Rose. "Who was that girl? I thought she was with you guys"

"What girl? Is it that weirdo girl who keeps showing up everywhere?" Rose asks crossing her arms as she stares at the Doctor with her eyebrows raised. Neither the Doctor or Alfie answer her and she huffs in annoyance.

"Here we go. Satellite Five, pipes and plumbing. Look at the layout." The Doctor proudly produces a blueprint on the monitor with schematics displayed all over it.

"There's something wrong with it though" Alfie quietly said, staring at the monitor frowning.

"What's wrong with it? Looks fine to me" Rose said and the Doctor rolled his eyes slightly in a manner very similar to Alfie.

"The ventilation system. Cooling ducts, ice filters, all working flat out channelling massive amounts of heat down." Alfie continues, smiling guiltily at the surprised look on the Doctor's face. He tends to hide his intelligence sometimes.

The Doctor didn't know why he was so surprised, Alfie had proven that he was more intuitive than most humans. The same couldn't always be said for his sister though.

"All the way from the top." The Doctor chimed in, enjoying himself thoroughly.

"Floor five hundred." Rose gasped in realisation and Alfie clapped sarcastically at his sister, still slightly annoyed at her for their argument on Platform one.

"I wanted to go on my own with just the Doctor, you should've stayed at home." Rose argued with her brother as he stared out at the burning earth.

"The Doctor invited both of us Rose, I wasn't going to pass up on this opportunity" Alfie glares at his sister, he was always sacrificing things for his sister but not this time, this time he was doing something for himself.