Hit (Kara)

You leant your head on the slightly sticky table, too tired to care about the possibility of anything being on the surface. You hadn't slept for 48 hours, your shift at the hospital carrying on and on due to the sheer amount of ill people, or hurt people or just people.
You tried not to dwell on the patients you lost but failed miserably. Drinking wasn't going to help and you had work tomorrow so you just sat, your head supported by the table beneath you and your body sagged into your seat.
You had chosen a secluded booth so as not to draw attention to yourself. You knew if the bar owner saw you she'd call Alex and Alex would come and give you a pep talk and you wouldn't be able to handle it. Kara had been asleep for a week and you were falling apart at the seams but you weren't sure if it was because you missed Kara, or the public missed Supergirl.
You grumbled to yourself half heartedly and thought about your loved one sleeping under a sun bed.
You were about to finally think about trudging home when 3 men came up to your table.
'Hey pretty lady.' One of them said.
You pushed your head up and eyed all three of them.
'Hello.' You replied.
'We were wondering if you wanted to go home with us tonight.' Another one said, smiling smugly.
'Sorry. No can do. I have an early shift.' You hauled yourself up so you were at eye level.
'Let us help get you to sleep.' Another one, the last one, smirked.
'I can fall asleep by myself thanks.' You retorted.
'Aww baby. You seem stressed.' Your back went ramrod straight at that. Kara had said those exact same words only weeks ago.
'Please leave me alone. I don't want to have sex with you.' You shuddered as one of them put a hand on your shoulder.
'You see... we don't take no for an answer.' The one with his hand on your shoulder tightened it.
'I- I have a girlfriend.' You said in a futile effort to get them to back off.
'She's a faggot. Even better.' A voice came from behind you. They were surrounding you.
'Leave me alone.' You mustered up your courage.
'Not going to happen love.'
You elbowed one of them in the ribs and before you know it one of them had their hand in your hair and the other had his fist raised and coming towards you. It hurt hard when he punched you, the force would've sent you back if not for the tight pulling of your hair.
You groaned and he punched you again. And again. And again. You vaguely registered someone helping, maybe two people? And you remembered slumping onto the ground but anything after that was blackness.
—-
You woke up to Alex looked at your face and putting some sort of cooling liquid on it. She noticed your eyes are open and smiled softly.
'(y/n) you're awake.' She murmured.
'What- What happened?'
'You were attacked at the bar. Do you remember any of it?'
'Yeah- yes I do. A little bit.'
'Good. That's good.'
'Where's- is Kara still okay?'
'Yes she actually-'
'Rao Alex! I thought I told you to tell me as soon as she woke up.'
'Kara?' You slurred out.
'Hey babe. God have I missed you.'
'What- you woke up.' You felt yourself smile.
'Yeah I did.'
'How? When?'
'When those men were um... hitting you... your cries for help registered in my mind and it woke me up.' She mumbled out.
'Kara I'm tired. Imma go back to sleep.' You said, your brain not catching up with the conversation.
'Okay. You do that. I'll stay right here. You're safe now.' She placed a kiss on your head and you let yourself drift off again.