My Little Secret

*Yall gonna be big mad today. Vote and Comment lovelies*

"Tell me when things really started to become different between you and Robert." Ain't that what I've been telling these stories for? "Yes but I want you to dig into a significant time. Maybe a time when you felt like your life was probably in danger Robert." I....."Take your time. I know it might be difficult right now especially with what happened. Maybe the first time he really got in your face?" You want to know when he started physical abuse is that it? Fucking say that then. I've been feeling in danger. Been feeling trapped. Thinking someone would come save me from this man. Jo tried numerous times. I couldn't get her too involved though. But when I turned 28.......I seen so much from Robert that I just needed the break. It was June 3rd, 2013. Four Days Before my Birthday.

Melinda laughed at Jo as she blurted out an extensive Birthday idea. It's not like she didn't deserve it, but Mel just didn't want to deal with the fuss that she knew was bound to come. "Oh come on. I don't think I've ever seen you relaxed and we been friends for years. That's sad. We can get white girl wasted. Maybe feel on some different types of peen hmm hmm hmm?" Jo said, wiggling her eyebrows. "You must want me to die." "No I want you to live. We can even invite your sisters. He shouldn't care if you leave with them." "But what if he has a surprise for me?" Jo let out a loud obnoxious snort.

"Are you laughing?" Yeah I'm laughing. Jo kept trying to tell me to stop caring about Robert but I just couldn't let go. I mean even I knew Robert wouldn't have a surprise for me. "Then why did you use that as an excuse?" It became easier to hide my fears behind him. Everyone saw that I was so worn down running behind him. I was too tired to be fighting with Robert about doing things that I wanted. Something just for me, not including him. But that man........ he made sure he was included.

"Look I'm offering a chance for you to have actual fun on your birthday. Not look at a broke nigga almost burn down your house.... again for the what 6th year in a row?" "I know. Let's just play it be ear okay?" Jo rolled her eyes and went back to folding her clothes. "So is Dominic moving in? I see them boxers piling up." "Girl he might as well be. I don't remember the last time he went to his place." "Where is he now?" "At work. He on the night shift now so I get the bed all to myself until 7am. Girl it be feeling so damn good. He come and get in the shower then give me a little power dick before I gotta go. Shit bomb."

"Must be nice." "And this is also why I say you should let me take care of your birthday. You won't be disappointed when you wake up in the morning." "Wake up dead in the morning," Mel mumbled. She looked at the time before letting out a heavy breath. "I gotta get to work. I'll think about a party." "I'm going to confirm the hotel room!" Jo yelled. "Don't do it Jo!" Mel shouted as she walked out the house. She sat in her car for a while before starting it, really giving this birthday party some thought.

"You can't afford to miss any days off right now. No party. You gotta work," she told herself, beginning to believe she didn't deserve a day off. Maybe this was her karma for trying so hard. Now she had to work hard. Pulling up to the big office building, she washed her hands over her face. A tap on her window startled her. "Come on mamas. The sooner we start the quicker we go home," Christina said through the glass. Mel nodded and got out the car.

Walking in, she focused on unraveling her earphones while Christina unlocked the supply closet. "You got plans for your birthday mija?" "No. Probably the same as last year. Work then go home and enjoy a bottle of wine and maybe take a long bubble bath." "See I'd have my husband give me a spa day. Rub my body down from head to toe and when he get to my toes he came crawl up halfway and-" "Christina!" Mel spat in shock, laughing when she seen Christina's facial expressions. "I'm just saying. You deserve 1 day of full pampering then your kitty needs some massaging afterwards."