36: 8th first

"𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧,"

~🌙 ~

"See you guys," I waved to the guys as I headed in the direction of the library. By this point they had stopped bothering to ask where I was going - it was quite obvious. For the past two weeks, Amy and I studied after school in the library. It became a comfortable routine that we planned for. Today we would go through English. 

Personally, I loved the sessions. I was getting extra study in for finals, whilst having a good time with Amy. We have since gotten closer - much closer. I wouldn't say I was courting her or thinking about dating her, but our relationship felt more than just friends. Of course, that was just my thoughts. Who knew if even now I reached her standards?

"Wait!" Sunghoon ran towards me, "I'll join you,"

"Why?" I asked defensively. Sunghoon was puzzled at my reaction but brushed it off with a laugh.

"I need help on English too, Jay. Plus I need to get a start on the homework for next week. I have a skating competition and need to practice for that,"

I nodded and we headed towards the library. I didn't know why I got so defensive about him joining us. Normally, I loved studying with the guys but these days it was nice just to have me and her.

We arrived and Amy was already sat waiting. She had her head down in a book, scanning it with her finger and making immediate notes. I smiled at how hardworking she was. Her study habits had improved since I first met her. She was independent, reliable and actually retained the things I taught her. It was like she transformed since our first spit up. I liked that about her and wasn't about to let go of it. 

"Oh, Hi Jay! And Sunghoon-ssi," Amy greeted us as we sat down. I could tell she didn't expect Sunghoon's presence but there was no real beef between them, unlike her and Jake. Hopefully, this session would flow smoothly. 

"Hey, Amy. Hope I'm not intruding by being here?" Sunghoon smiled.

"No, not at all. In fact, I always ask Jay if you guys want to join us, but he always says no," Amy explains and immediately my face goes red.

"Does he really?" Sunghoon's smile turned devious as he had caught me in a big big lie, "Well I'll be sure to let the others know we are always welcome."

I laughed nervously and dove into my work. We had only been here for two minutes and already there was a thick, sticky vibe in the air. 

"Sorry, Jay-ah. I started the homework without you. I just wanted to get a head start," Amy said pointing at her evident work splayed all over the table. 

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure I'll catch up in no time," I winked at her and began reading my own work. I could feel Sunghoon's eyes burning the side of my face every time Amy and I interacted. My focus was a very imbalanced seesaw and Sunghoon was sat on the other end laughing at me.