||Jean: A Day With A Feline

Important a/n; send your requests to curious cat. And read my carrd if you haven't.

Also, very short
︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.

➷a day with a feline➷

Jean is always running around busy. Sometimes to the point where she'll fall ill. Even then, she would still sit on her wooden desk, reading and signing paper work.

Everyone thought of her to be as steady as mountain Tai*. The entire Mondstadt would come looking for her over every little thing, wether it be a lost cat or a missing book. Her inability to say no does come in the way sometimes.

(Steady as mountain Tai : [稳如泰山 wěn​rú​ tài​shān] a chinese idiom that means someone steady and dependable(in this context))

Even so, when Kaeya brought back a stray looking cat back to her office, one could say she wanted to flip heaven and earth.

Instead, Jean sighed, dropping her feather quill back to it's place. "Kaeya, please explain."

Kaeya awkwardly placed the curled but very awake cat down on the grandmasters sofa. It sat down properly in place. "An accident happened during our expedition..."

At those words, jeans head perked up. The newly appointed knight, y/n had followed Kaeya with one of his Expeditions for more experience. On top of that, y/n had known jean for a long time. The two could be said unseparated. Heck, y/n probably entered the knights of favonius so she could stick on jean longer.

Back to the current situation; hearing the word accident, Jean immediately wanted to set into panic. With y/n not in sight, she could only think of the worst.

"Now, calm your horses," kaeya started, "y/n is safe and sound." Along with his words, he pointed towards the cat. "She's just in a bit of a.. situation."

Jean wanted to cry. After Kaeya's awkward and shocking report, y/n, mow a cat was left with jean in her office.

Y/n, unable to speak the human language, still had a humans consciousness. She jumped up to Jeans lap, curling around perfectly content.

The weight of the situation however, falls on the grandmasters shoulder once again. While y/n was comfortable lying on her lap, jean had to scroll a hundred books to find a solution.

Even after a whole day, she still hadn't found a clue.

Closing the last and thickest book on her desk, jean leaned her head against her hand, looking at the patient cat sitting gracefully on her desk.

Y/n meowed once, lifting a paw and patting it gently against jeans nose.

Boop

The gesture was undoubtedly adorable. Jean couldn't help but want to drown her with love and immense care.

It was already dark out at that point, and Jean had decided to bring y/n back to her home.

With exhaustion as heavy as a boulder, jean jumped onto her bed right after placing y/n on the ground and feeding her some meat.

Not long after, a soft meow was heard, along with a purr.

Beside her, y/n had already made herself comfortable, leaning herself against Jeans warmth.

"Tomorrow, I'll go ask albedo to see if he could find a cure for you." Jean whispered, brushing her hand across the cats head. "I'm sure you did well in your first expedition today."

At that, y/n the cat purred, seemingly happily with the praise.

And they both fell asleep next to each other, the lone moon rise and fall till the next morning.

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.

Waking up, jean didn't think she'd be chained down by a pair of arms circling around her waist. The view of h/c hair and y/n's long eyelashes, reflecting the morning sunlight, giving the knight a certain ethereal glow made Jean's heart race.

She didn't know wether to laugh or cry.

"Jean..?" Y/n rubbed her eyes tiredly, slowly waking up and showing her bright e/c eyes. "Am i back yet?"

Not knowing what came over herself, jean leaned closer, giving y/n a small peck on her forehead, straightening out her messy bed hair. "You are."

"Mn." Y/n hummed, pulling Jean closer to her, placing her face against Jeans chest. "Thank god. I couldn't stand not speaking to you."

The grandmasters face instantly flared, "right- right." She stuttered, putting an awkward hand on y/n's back.

"Can we stay like this a while longer? I'm tired. I'm sure you sure too."

"..sure."

︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶︶༉‧₊˚.

Requested by Animedork1