7 | Game

I was in a meeting right now with Mr Knight

I was in a meeting right now with Mr Knight. Violet and Xavier left for college yesterday at 3. Today I went to the office in a good mood, hoping that today will be different from the last three years and one month. I was hoping for too much. God was nice to me only on Saturday because I was ill. Today when I stepped into the office Mr Knight was back to his sour mood already.

I sat there taking notes, but I was hardly paying attention. I was in no mood. The meeting was with HODs about our monthly review. I had left a copy of each department and even mailed it to them. Everyone was discussing the new plan and agenda for the month as I wrote the good ideas down.

"Ms Kingston? What are your views?" I looked to my right to see Mr Knight at the head, looking at me intently. I looked at the slide, and then I started speaking, "Well, to begin with, this model could be better; we could make a new version of it in the next few months I presume, also other than that the financial chart has a calculation error and thirdly I think we should either get it over and done with if we want quick money but if we want a long-lasting product then we should make a better version which could probably last a year," I said.

Everyone looked at me and then at the presentation. "Well you heard her we will wait and make the new product and what the hell do I pay you for if you keep making such errors!" He shouted at the employee. I shuddered at the range of his voice. The meeting continued and I paid attention this time. Pointing out others' mistake to hide mine was not a good strategy.

After the meeting, we all got up to leave when Mr Knight pulled me to the private elevator. "May I know where your attention has been?" He asked. "It's nothing," I said looking away. "Isabella?" he asked. "Oh so now you want to talk normally?" I asked. "I knew you would get attached!" he said. "What?" I asked. "I knew being nice to you would lead you on, you would like me!" he said. "Wait what? Hold up! I don't like you!" I said. "You know what I feel about relationships and everything!" he said. "Nick!" I said stopping and pulling him out of his rant. "I thought we were friends!" I said. "Ohh..." he muttered. "YEAH! OHH.." I said, rolling my eyes. I sighed.

"You were ignoring me because you thought I liked you?" I asked. He nodded his face again back to his expressionless one, something he did when he had no clue of what was going on. "And where did you get that idea from?" I asked. "Xavier told me what he and Vi were talking about," he said. "You gave in to Xavier and Vi?!" I said getting out of the lift and going to my room not before telling him. "I thought you were smarter than this!" I said going in and doing my work.

After a few minutes, there was a knock on my door and I muttered a come in. "Hi Isabella," I looked to find Eric. Great! "Yes, Eric?" I said going back to work. "Do you want to come with me for lunch?" he asked. "Eric, can you not take the hint? I am not into you! Okay! Please leave me alone!" I said I was losing my temper. "I knew you liked someone else!" he said, shouting back. "And now, where did you get this absurd idea from?!" I asked.

"Come on, you have been working for our boss for three years, no complaints from him and you and there is this thing that you have with each other... You get him so much!" he said accusingly. "Oh, God! You know what; I am his PA! I need to know everything about him! That is my job! Have you ever even seen us talking about anything but work?" I asked him.