Settling in to a new start

Crystal POV:

Stella brought us to our dorm before bringing us to headmistresses office. I looked at Bloom and she looked at me before we burst out laughing as she left. I looked at the man sitting at the table and nodded at him.

"Ok. This is new." She stated.
"Definitely. Nothing like back home." I agreed with a slight chuckle.

Bloom knocked on the door before we stepped back. I looked at the pictures by the door while waiting. As the door opened we stood up straight to see two men leave the office. They briefly glanced at us. The one with hair lingered his gaze on me and I smiled softly. Bloom looked at me as they left.

"What was that about?" She asked.
"I have no idea." I stated, a confused look on my face.

I followed Bloom into the office and closed the door behind me. I looked up at the headmistress to see her back turned from us. Bloom went over to a map while I just stood looking around. When the headmistress turned around I cleared my throat.

"Hello, I'm headmistress Dowling. I'm sure it must be overwhelming, an entirely new world." Dowling started.
"And yet I saw no less than three people updating their insta stories." Bloom stated causing me to giggle softly. "I was half expecting a school full of tinker bells zipping around."
"Disappointed?" Miss Dowling asked, glancing at me.
"Just kinda bummed I didn't see a single pair of wings." I said with a shy smile as Dowling looked at me.
"Hm." She said looking at me in confusing before clearing her throat and looking down", "Well, we had wings in the past. But as we've evolved, transformation magic has been lost. Also, tink was an air fairy, your a fire fairy." She indicated for us to sit down.
"Yeah, that much I know." Bloom said, looking down as she moved to sit down.
"And you Crystal?" She asked causing me to nod as I sat beside my sister, " are an ice fairy."
"Yeah, I figured that out in a life or death situation." I muttered, causing them both to look at me.
"So, when do we start?" Bloom asked, getting the attention off of me.
"You'll start with the basics. Learn to use your magic slowly but safely." Dowling said after she cleared her throat.
"When you say slowly." Bloom asked unsure.
"I mean it. Magic can be dangerous, as you well know." She aid making me feel uneasy, "Our curriculum is designed with that in mind. Trust the process, the small process. Alfea's graduates have ruled realms and led armies. They've forged powerful relics and rediscovered long lost magic."
"Impressive. Sorry." I said before looking down.
"They shape the otherworld." The headmistress said as she smiled softly at me, " If you succeed here, you will too." 
"Well this place, the otherworld...."
"Alfea." I said, looking at her.
"Alfea, it seems amazing but, it isn't my home, it isn't our home." Bloom looked at me as I avoided contact, " I don't need to rule a realm or lead an army. I'm here because you promised you'd teach us control."
"No Bloom, you and your sister are here, because you know you have no other choice."

I sighed and looked up at the headmistress to see her looking at me in awe. I looked at her in confusion before turning to Bloom who was staring ahead before getting up and taking my arm before leaving, leading me back to our dorm. 

When we arrived I headed towards my room. Bloom was sharing with someone and I had a separate one. I placed my bags on the bed and started unpacking.  I heard my sister talking to our parents and sighed, leaving the room. As I heard them talking about making friends I rolled my eyes before standing beside Bloom.

"Hey mom, dad." I waved.
"Hey sweetie, how you settling in?" Dad asked.
"Good, I'm in the same dorm as Bloom so not that bad. And I'm hoping to get to know the others so it should be good." I explained with a nod.
"That's great to hear Crystal." Mom smiled.
"Well I'm gonna go continue packing but I'll talk soon." I smiled at them.
"Alright darling. Love you." They called.
"Love you too." I smiled before leaving, nodding to the girl Bloom was sharing with.

As I headed back to my area I seen Stella in her room. I walked towards her door and knocked as she looked in the mirror. She turned to me and looked at me.

"May I help you?" She asked.
"No um, I just thought orientation was casual."
"It is but people have already seen me in this outfit." She explained. as she looked at the new piece of clothing.
"Why do people care how you look." I ask, confused.
"They just expect me to care how I look." She stated, looking at me.
"Oh ok. Sorry for bothering you." I smiled before turning to leave.

"Hi."
"Oh God." I jumped as a shortish girl appeared in front of me.
"Sorry, did I scare you?"
"No it's, it's ok. Don't worry about it. Umm," I started with a hand on my chest, unsure of what to say.
"I'm Terra. Nice to meet you." She introduced herself happily.
"Hi Terra, I'm Crystal, Crystal Marie. Wow that's a lot of plants." I stated, looking at all the plants around.
"I know, it's a lot. Shocker earth fairy called Terra likes plants." She laughed.
"Nah it's cool. I like plants but I wouldn't be like, having them all over my room." I said causing us both to laugh.
"Oh would you like one?" She asked.
"Yes actually, I would love one if you have one to spare." I smiled, hoping to make friends with the earth fairy.
"Of course I do. Here you are, have a succulent, their low maintenance." She smiled, handing me a cactus with small white flowers.
"Thank you." I smiled.
Oh it's no problem. I have loads anyway." She smiled.
"I can tell." I smiled back before waving bye to her.

I passed another girl with headphones and waved at her with a small smile. She smiled softly and waved back as I entered my room and closed the door as I heard Stella start talking to Bloom. I sighed before finishing unpacking before heading to look around the school grounds.

Riven POV:

"There's something about her." Sky stated as we fought with the wooden swords.
"What, smitten after one chat." I joked as I avoided a hit.
"No, not like that. She just seems familiar." He said in confusion as I hit him in the stomach.
"Like someone from your past yeah, you've said it multiple times." I recited before he hit my back.
"It's just, I dunno. It's like I've known her from somewhere." Sky said.
"Maybe she's the girl you told me about. What's her name, Crystal?" I asked causing him to go for me.
"Don't mention that name. Saul might hear." He stated in a hurtful voice as we got close.
"As if." I said before Sky took my sword and landed me on the ground.
"You got slow this summer." He said, moving the subject away from his lost friend.
"Correction, I got high this summer." I smirked, placing my hands behind my head.
"Really?" He asked, disappointed.
"Whatever big brother speech your about to give me........"
"There's no speech."
"I don't wanna hear it. However, a more productive use of your time would be to distract your agro father figure, so I don't get expelled." I stated as I grabbed a cigarette and headed away to the barrier.

I walked in away from the barrier before sitting on a rock. Lighting my cigarette I took a smoke before turning to a noise in the distance. Looking behind me I seen a girl with brown hair coming towards me. I breathed out the smoke as she looked at me.

"Hi?" I asked.
"Hi." She said as she looked around.

I watched as she looked around. I smiled as I seen her eyes flash a pinkish colour. As I looked away for a second I heard her scream, causing me to jump. I turned back and looked in the same direction only to see a dead body. I got up and pulled her back as I shouted. She looked at me with terror before Silva came to see what was happening. Seeing the dead body he turned to us, only looking at me.

"Get headmistress Dowling." He said and I nodded before pulling the unknown girl with me.