23. Overhaul

I heard some noise, so I turned my head to see what was going on. Suddenly I heard the yellow haired kid scream my name from behind me. He used his quirk and hit Kurono, knocking him away, as he grabbed Eri.

"Why...? You gotta...stay away. Or he's gonna kill you." Eri yelled at him.

"I can't let you down again. Don't worry!! I'll be your hero!"

"Filthy..." I muttered, "Come back now, Eri. Or he'll be killed. How many times must I say it? You were born to break people." As I said the last part, for some reason I felt... Guilty. I always did when I said it to her or I did something to her, but lately I have been questioning if what I've been doing is okay.

"Oh no! He's gonna..."

"You don't have to listen to him!"

"Like I'm always telling you," Guess I'll decide if this is right later. The Eri in his hands is fake. I'm not going to be hurting the real one right now. "Your selfishness forces me to dirty my hands. Every move you make gets people killed! You're very existence is cursed!"

"How can you say that to your own daughter?!"

"That's not my child."

I immediately disassembled the floor to give me an advantage. He was able to not get hurt through the spikes I made, while keeping Eri safe.

"There's more to him than just his quirk."

"You're even aiming for the girl?"

"Yep." It's not like she's real, "Breaking her won't slow me down. If I restore her quickly enough, she can be revived. Even if she's not back to normal, she'll still be useful. And she already knows that, first hand. In a situation like this, I'm the only one who can heal Eri if she gets hurt. You really think you can dodge and fight with your permeability while carrying her? Do you school-boy? The way I've remodeled things, every escape route is sealed off. His quirk, too... "

"Shup," I heard Kurono moving, "I'll seal it off once I plug him with one of these." He pulled out him gun.

"Shoot the arm he's carrying Eri with, you fool." I was getting angry, we can't stay here too long. We need at least some time to heal before leaving.

"I didn't think hr could use his quirk so precisely. He's trained himself well." Kurono began shooting the boy, but couldn't get a good aim due to the cape. "I thought those hero capes were just for show."

"Kurono!" I yelled as the kid was about to hit him. I used my quirk to get Kurono away. He isn't really good on battles.

"Sorry 'bout that, Overhaul!" He siad jumping out of the way.

As the kid went attack me he yelled, "The reason heros wear capes m, is to wrap up and protect little girls in pain!"

Kurono went for his gun which was on the floor,but the kid kicked him, sending him flying away,and breaking the gun.

"I watch my enemy closely!! And try to predict his next action!! But you move way better than some two-bit Yakuza thug! You're strong, Chisaki! That said, between the two of us, I'm stronger!! You won't lay another finger on her!! Because I'm taking you both down here and now!! This is your loss, Chisaki!!"

He pounded right at me, but now I was really angry. "You don't get to call me that, I've... Abandoned that name!"

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Nemoto crawling with his gun.

"Master!! Stick by my master's side!! I had to come help! Couldn't go without making sure you were safe!"

"Nemoto!" I yelled throw him a pack of our temporary bullets. Unlike the other one's these ones took the quirk away from between 2-6 months instead of a few hours. "Shoot him!!"

Nemoto pointed in the detection of Eri, the kid immediately ran towards her, taking the bullet.

It was time to go. We dragged this out for too long. I put a wall between the three of us and the kid with the copy pf Eri. Kurono stood up, walking over to me, and we both helped Nemoto get up to leave.

Something had to change.