Oodles of Noodles

"You did great on the mission today, Snips, how many droids were you able to destroy?" Anakin Skywalker asked as he fell into step with his Padawan Ahsoka Tano.

"Thank you, Master. I got 126 kills! Bet you didn't get that many."

Anakin made a face, one that his apprentice couldn't quite identify as one particular emotion. Pride? Annoyance? Scheming, even? She wasn't sure. A somewhat tense silence overcame the Master-Padawan duo as Anakin thought, his eyebrows twisting themselves into interesting shapes Ahsoka didn't know were humanly possible as they continued the walk towards their shared quarters.

Victory rang out clearly in the Jedi Knight's Force signature and a broad smirk stretched across Anakin's features as he bragged, "I got 127 kills."

"I'm starting to believe that you're making this up," Ahsoka accused her Master, her normally big, beautiful blue eyes narrowed into slits.

"Why would I lie about that, Snips? A win of mine is a win of mine and therefore, a loss of yours."

"Then why did you take so long to come up with a number?"

"I tried to make sure I remembered every single droid I so expertly slashed apart," Anakin tried, failing dismally to convince the Togruta prancing next to him.

"What number did you actually get, Master? And don't lie to me!"

"... 124." That was it. This would be the end of Anakin Mortimer Skywalker, the Hero With No Fear, known poster boy of the Jedi High Council. He knew Ahsoka was never going to let him hear the end of this one.

"Ha! I beat you, Master! You're never going to forget this one, Anakin, as long as I live to remind you," Ahsoka sang, practically dancing around in circles in her glee.

The said Skywalker merely rolled his eyes. "I let you win, Snips, don't get cocky..."

Their playful banter continued the entire way to their shared quarters, completely oblivious to other members of the Order staring at the odd pair.

***

Collapsing onto the couch, Anakin's stomach chose this time to grumble loudly about lack of nutrition. "You hungry, Snips?"

"Starving,"  Ahsoka replied, slumping down next to her Master. "It's not our day to go out and I really don't feel like dragging my feet over to the Mess Hall."

"Me neither," Anakin groaned. "My feet feel like lead."

"So what do we do?"

An intense level of focus radiated from the Master-Padawan duo's Force signatures, one that went unrivalled for them as they brainstormed how to get the necessary nutrients into their bodies.

***

"Oh, I've got it!" Ahsoka calls out excitedly after approximately 10 minutes. "Why don't we cook noodles? They're simple and don't take long."

"That's a great idea, Snips," Anakin yawns, too tired from actually using his brain to think instead of his trusty lightsaber. "Why don't you go make some?"

"Why is it always me?" The Padawan complained. "How come you can't get off your lazy arse and do it yourself for once, Master Skywalker?"

"I- because... It's not my-"

Ahsoka simply raised an impatient brow at her stuttering Master. Said 'Hero With No Fear', mumbling incoherent phrases to his Padawan. "Because what?"

For the first time in his life, Anakin was at a loss for words. He had been backed into a wall, and he knew it.

A colourful string of swears came tumbling out of the Knight's mouth as he managed to move himself to the kitchen. "While you learn to cook, Master, I'm going to take a nap. Don't burn down the entire Temple and wake me up it's ready."