25

"gukkie... y-yoonie loves you... a-a lot..." 

"and gukkie loves you too, little one. but we should go see daddy, shouldn't we? don't you-"

"n-no! j-jus' wanna stay with gukkie. o-only gukkie. gukkie! gukkie! gukkie! gukkie!" yoongi whined, stomping his foot with each cry of the younger's name.

jeongguk hushed the small one, looking around to make sure no one witnessed the little tantrum.

unfortunately, luck was not on their side as jeongguk noticed the eight boys making their way towards them.

"so you're gay, yoongi?" wooyoung spoke up, sighing softly. "is that nerd your boyfriend?"

yoongi looked at wooyoung with a pout before turning to jeongguk, back to wooyoung.

yoongi felt his eyes fill up with tears as the boys stared him down until he noticed san swing his arm around wooyoung's shoulders. "babe, i'm your boyfriend,"

wooyoung's flushed a deep crimson. "aish... you said that we wouldn't let anyone know... look at the poor kid, this would happen to us if people find out, sannie," wooyoung spoke with a small pout. 

jeongguk still made sure to hold onto yoongi tightly. he had to protect yoongi. he just had to. he felt his heart flutter at the sound of yoongi's small giggle. 

"y-yoonie's otay... i have my gukkie! an' an' he's the bestest ever in the whole wide world ever!" yoongi squealed, throwing himself at the tall, muscly younger. 

jeongguk watched the chaos amongst the eight other boys unfold, smiling softly at their... happiness. could he have something like that with yoongi one day? with the others? ... no. he wanted yoongi to himself. he wanted to protect this boy at all costs, he wanted to keep him to himself to love and cherish for the rest of his life. 

he wasn't going to let go of this boy now that he had got him. he told himself that if anyone dared to hurt such a precious kitten, he would kill them on the spot. he would show no mercy. the best part is that it would be his little secret. 

jeongguk snapped out of his lovestruck, psychotic trance once he saw the small pale boy looking up at him, soft pink lips jutted out in a heartwarming pout. 

"gukkie..." yoongi spoke.
"yes, kitten?" 
"w-why is it so bad t-that yoonie likes boys..? i-i think... i think that everyone is just a big big big meanie! b-but they call yoonie the meanie! i-is yoonie a meanie, gukkie? a-am i a bad boy..? i... i don' wanna be a bad boy..." 

jeongguk's heart shattered at the words, quickly pulling him away from the mess of playfighting high schoolers. he took yoongi into a dimly lit hallway, kneeling down with him as he held the other close.

"baby... you're not a bad boy, okay? yes, you do bad things, but you're not a bad boy. you're such a good boy, yeah? and guess what?"
yoongi let out a small sniffle as he looked through his teary lashes at the younger. "w-what?"
"gukkie loves you so much. i want you to let me know when somebody hurts you or upsets you in any way, okay? can you be a good boy for gukkie and do that for me, hm?"

yoongi nodded quickly, holding jeongguk tightly. "yoonie promises, gukkie! yoonie's gonna be the bestest boy!"

jeongguk let out a soft chuckle, dark thoughts swimming through his mind as he held the boy close. "there's my good boy. now... how about you sit on gukkie's lap and watch the littlest pet shop with me, hm? would my little boy like that?"

yoongi nodded rapidly, not hesitating to plop onto jeongguk's lap as his head rested on his broad shoulder, thumb slipping into his mouth as he eagerly watched jeongguk put the show onto his phone. 

yoongi really fucking loved jeon jeongguk. 

and he was so fucking scared. 

after a sad chapter from Sunshine, have some fluff ♥︎