123 | opposite sides

Later that night...

Elena's POV

The smell of smoke and iron intermingle in the air along with a whiff of something I can describe as compact and condense. I open my eyes to the shooting pains that are striking the crown of my head only to see this haunting blackness ahead of me. My back is against a wall and as I stretch my legs I am somewhat relieved to have some space ahead of me. It's hard to tell how much space though, because of the aphotic environment I'm currently in. 

As far as my recollection goes, the last thing I recall is Daniel's face in a blur. I was holding his gun in my hand and I vaguely remember what happened after that. From the looks of my on going situation, it seems that I wasn't very lucky and I have a disturbing foreboding that something is terribly wrong. 

That bastard was holding a syringe when he tackled me. He fucking drugged me. That's probably why I was brave enough to hold the gun in my hands, because my perception was warped and my senses immediately reduced. I could have fucking shot him at that moment, what the hell was I thinking? Things would only go downhill for me.

However, things don't seem very peachy right now.

I should have shot him when I had the chance. It would have been considered self defense and this time I wouldn't have regretted my actions.

Fuck-Elena get out of here!

I'll distract him!

I curl up into a ball onto the cold floor while tears well up in my eyes. Yoongi's voice is running in circles on my mind. He tried to help me escape, while Daniel was choking him. I bite on my lip hard as I anxiously wonder to myself if he's okay. 

Alive.

If something happens to my best friend, I'll never be able to forgive myself.

My skin is feverish, goosebumps have formed on the surface while cold sweat courses through my entire body. My head is pounding to the point that even thinking feels unbearable. I wrap my coat around my waist and just sit there in silence while uncontrolled sobs leave my mouth. The faint sound travels around the room in the smallest of echoes and my breathing is sharp and wobbly, as the result of my agonizingly fast heartbeat and the insufferable nausea that makes my stomach churn. 

I blink continuously for a few seconds when perturbation overtakes me; what the hell happened to me? Why the hell can't I see anything? My legs are numb and I can this uncomfortable prickling sensation overwhelms both of my feet and it's like having a thousand needles piercing my skin. It's cold in here and it feels like I'm trapped inside of a freezer. Like a blind person, I attempt to navigate through my environment using only my hands. I stand on my bruised knees and extend my arms above my head and feeling for the ceiling. Then I touch the wall next to me and that's when I finally realized that I'm not in a room, but a van. The sudden bumpy feeling from under me that causes me to fall on my face proves my theory right.

How long have I been in here? 

Where are we headed?

For fucks sake, why on earth would Seokjin go this far? What does he have to win by kidnapping me?

Why go this far?

Has Jungkook managed to find the footage?

Jungkook.

I hope he's alright wherever he is.

A whirlwind of intrusive thoughts and questions bombard my brain dozens at a time and all I can do right now is sit still in the back of an ice cold van doing nothing.