Something strange is happening

Dowling POV:

"It's fresh." Silva stated.
"Maybe a wolf?" I offered.
"Or a bear. Could of gone out to protect his herd, got surprised." 
"I'm happy to continue the guessing game but..." Ben started as he crouched down, " This is char residue."
I sighed and looked at Saul.
"How long since the last sighting?" Saul asked after clearing his throat.
"About two decades." Ben started.
"Sixteen years. Rosalind was relentless." I explained.
"Could've been hiding, waiting.........."
"SHe killed all the burned ones." I interrupted Saul, glancing at him.
"We thought she did." Ben corrected.
"Ben what we thought is irrelevant. The barrier's doing it's job. Until we know for sure, let's clean this up before gossip starts." I snapped before leaving the scene.

As I made my way back I heard footsteps behind me. Looking back I seen Saul catching up to me. I sighed as he began talking.

"Why are you so snappy?" He asked as he came beside me.
"I don't know what you mean." I said, looking ahead.
"No? Because you just snapped at Ben there for no reason." 
I sighed and stopped, turning to him.
"What?" He asked when he seen my face.
"It's nothing." I dismissed, turning to leave.
"Farah, Farah." He called but I ignored him, leaving the woods and returning to school.

Crystal POV:

I sat at my desk looking straight ahead. I was trying to study but I couldn't get the image of the man covered in blood out of my head. Closing my eyes I snapped them open as I heard someone run out of the room when I caught my eyes changed to a pinkish colour in the mirror. I sighed and shook my head before slamming the copy and heading out of the room.

Entering the corridors I seen the groups of first years mingling at the orientation party. I sighed and pushed through the crowds till I bumped into the blonde guy I met earlier on. He grabbed my arms to steady me.

"Hey, you ok?" He asked, letting go of my arms.
"Yeah, just a little overwhelmed right now." I admitted, feeling a sense of comfort around him.
"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.
"No offense but, I don't even know your name so why would I tell you the things going on with me." I stated with a confused look.
"That's fair." He smiled with a slight nod of his head, "I'm Sky."
"Crystal." I smiled, noticing him flinch. "Are you ok?" I asked, concerned.
"Yeah just, memories." He said causing me to nod.

"This is a lot of people."
I turned to see Bloom looking at us.
"I'll see you later." I smiled softly before leaving the two alone.

I looked around and smiled as I seen Terra standing with two other girls. I walked towards them and bumped Terras shoulder gently causing her to smile at me. I looked at the two girls in front of us and waved.

"Crystal." I said.
"Musa." The girl with headphones said.
"Aisha." The other stated.
I nodded and grabbed a cookie from the table.
"Who actually saw the shepherd's body? Maybe he was just old. People get old, die. We all die." Terra stated, looking at each of us.
"That old-age decapitation really sneaks up on you." I joked, not saying that I had seen the body, causing the two in front of us to smile softly.
"Happened to my nan right in the middle of bingo. Just... thwop thwop thwop. Down the table." Aisha stated causing us all to chuckle lightly.
"Hey no judgement but......" Musa started, looking at all the cookies Aisha had piled in her hand.
"I eat a million calories a day. If I didn't swim, I'd be massive." 
"I used to dance, I get it."
"On that note." Aisha stated, turning to leave.
"Second round. Damn you weren't kidding." Musa stated as she left.

I got a drink from the table and went to leave when Terra started talking again. Musa started to put her headphones back on before stopping.

"So you did hear her earlier." Terra stated causing me to look at her in confusion.
"What?" Musa asked.
"In the room. um, you had your headphones on and ignored me as though you couldn't hear me but you did hear Aisha." 
"Oh, I should probably...." I started, turning to leave.
"Sometimes I just wear my headphones when I don't feel like talking." Musa explained.
"Yeah. It just seems like that happens a lot around me."
"It's a me thing. It's not you."
"Yeah I'm gonna. Bye." I said awkwardly, leaving.
"You've said enough. I've said too much." Terra said before leaving as well.

I looked back as Musa and smiled weakly before giving her a wave. I walked towards Terra and placed an arm around her shoulders gently.

"Don't worry. People have different thoughts. She's probably just not much of a talker or something." I tried to cheer her up.
"Yeah it just appears to happen alot when I'm around." She chuckled gently.
"Well I like you. You've got a friend in me. Whenever you need me, I'm there for you." I smiled.
"Thanks Crystal." She smiled before we separated ways. 

I smiled and headed outside, away from the party. Hearing a noise, I looked around to see the guy from the forest leaning against the wall, smoking. I headed towards him with a smile on my face. He looked up in confusion before seeing who it is.

"It's you." He stated.
"Yeah, it's me." I stated, leaning on the wall beside him.
"Are you ok?" He asked after a bit of silence.
"Still alive if that's what you mean." I stated causing him to laugh a little before taking another smoke. "You?"
"I've seen worse." He stated before looking at me to see me watch him smoke, " Want one?" He asked.
"No, uh, I'm fine." I shook my head, looking down.
"Suit yourself." He shrugged, taking another smoke before throwing it on the ground and standing on it.
I looked towards the woods to see Bloom heading towards it.
"Well, I'm gonna go. Nice talking to you." I smiled, pushing myself off the wall and leaving.
"Yeah, hey wait......... what's your name?" He asked.
"Crystal." I called, turning to face him.
"Oh, Riven." He stated, pointing to himself.
"Seya." I chuckled before heading to the woods after my sister.