Chapter 28: Sahasrahla and the Eastern Palace

"Well Epona, we're here"

Link and Epona had gone to the Necluda Province again as the Goddess Statue on Mount Lanayru had instructed.

They had crossed the Dueling Peaks, Fort Hateno, Hateno Road, and lastly they were at the Eastern Palace Compound.

It was a series of ancient ruins, and in them was an old hut and a grand structure known as the Eastern Palace.

Well, let's get this over with

Link tied his horse Epona to a tree, and she ate grass as Link walked up into the Eastern Palace Compound. 

"Ack!"

Link was immediately under attack by a dozen Octoroks, who launched pebbles out of their mouths and toward Link.

Link parried a rock with his Royal Shield, and made a run for it.

That was a close one.

Link leaned against a statue of some old warrior, and the statue came to life

Armos!

The Armos began leaping toward Link ready to kill him, and he dashed over to the old hut in the northwest part of the ruins.

He opened the door, and dashed inside

"Hello there young one" an old man in yellow robes that was inside the house said "I am indeed Sahasrahla, the elder of Kakariko City, or at least I was before soldiers took over and I had to hit the road!" 

"Okay" Link replied "I think the Gods sent me here"

"Oh you must be the new hero!" Sahasrahla exclaimed "Well, I have something for you!"

"What do you have for me?" Link asked

"The Pegasus Boots!" Sahasrahla replied "A handy treasure that lets you perform a dash attack!"

"Okay, can you give it to me?"

"Not yet" Sahasrahla chuckled "First you have to go to the Eastern Palace, and get the Pendant of Wisdom!"

"I already got the Pendant of Courage and the Pendant of Power" Link told Sahasrahla "How many more are there?"

"Three" Sahasrahla explained "And the legends say that the brave hero who collects them will find a great treasure in the Lost Woods"

"Okay" Link said "I guess I'll be going now"

"Do you have Bow and Arrows?" Sahasrahla asked as Link headed for the door "You'll need it to defeat some of the Eastern Palace's monsters"

"Yeah" Link said "I have a Royal Bow, a Royal Shield, and a Royal Broadsword"

"Well, goodbye and good luck, Hero!" Sahasrahla waved as Link walked out the door

When Link exited Sahasrahla's Hideout, he immediately remembered the squads of Armos and Octoroks throughout the Eastern Palace Compound.

Link ran around to the northeast corner of the ruins, avoiding the rocks from the Octoroks, and avoiding the hopping Armos attackers.

Link found a small patio, and on it was a group of Soldiers.

Link took out the soldiers guarding the area, and proceeded into the grand structure that was the Eastern Palace.

The First room contained a door, and Link went past the door.

The next room seemed empty

What a relief!

But Link was wrong.

A squad of Stalfos skeleton warriors rose from the stone floor, and charged at Link.

Link chuckled as he picked up a pot, and threw it at the Stalfos.

There were more pots around the room, and Link tossed them to kill the other Stalfos.

He went into another hallway, and had to run past metal balls that were rolling toward him, in all different sizes.

Link came to a big open room, and Eyegores were standing silently against the door to the next room.

Link carefully tiptoed past them, but they opened their eyes and charged forward.

Link killed them with an arrow to their eyes, and dashed to the next room.

In this room there was no light, and Link made use of his candle from the Forest Temple.

He defeated another Eyegore and found a big treasure chest

I wonder what is in here

Link found an oil Lamp inside

Handy! Now I don't need this stupid candle!

Link tossed the candle away, and took the Lamp.

Sure, Lamps required oil bought with hard earned rupees, but they were much more efficient than Candles.

Link headed into the next room, and ran past a whole ton of rolling metal balls.

The room after that contained a group of Leevers and Red Eyegores that took multiple arrow hits and strike from Link's sword.

Link walked into the Final Room of the Eastern Palace, the Boss Room.

Six giant blue Armos Knights appeared before Link, and began hopping around in patterns, shaking the room.

Link dashed around, repeatedly striking each Armos Knight with his Royal Broadsword

The sword didn't seem to be making much progress, and Link switched over to his Royal Bow and arrows.

He fired arrows at the Armos Knights, and one knocked him down.

Link ate some baked apples from his pouch to heal away the damage

Can't give up

Link fired more arrows, and one by one the Armos Knights were destroyed, until one was left.

When there was only one, it turned from blue to red, and began ground-pounding around the room, chasing Link.

Link frantically ran from it, and when he got the opportunity he fired a few more arrows, and the final Armos Knight was destroyed.

Link smiled in triumph as the third and final pendant, the Pendant of Wisdom, appeared.

He grabbed it, and stuck it in his pouch with the other two pendants he had collected.

A magic light brought Link out of the Palace, and all of the monsters around the Eastern Palace Compound were seemingly gone.

Link walked back to Sahasrahla's Hideout.

"Good job, boy!" Sahasrahla congratulated "That is, assuming you succeeded and didn't run away from the Armos Knights in fear"

Link showed Sahasrahla the three pendants

"You are on a path to victory!" Sahasrahla exclaimed "Now, take the Pegasus Boots!"

Link put on the Pegasus Boots, so he was now capable of doing a dash attack.

Link got on Epona at the foot of the Eastern Palace Compound, and rode Epona back to the Central Province and Hyrule Field.