Chapter 40: Fall of a Risen Hero

The lightning died out, and Ganondorf prepared to strike with some more.

Link knew what he had to do.

"Link, you are okay alright?" the Hero's Spirit said "Let's defeat Ganondorf now!"

"No" Link replied. He couldn't take it anymore

Maybe I'm not the Hero of Hyrule.... How could anyone in the right damn mind want to have a destiny like this? Screw you, Triforce of Courage.....

Link fired an arrow by Ganon to distract the King of Evil, and Link made a run for it, ignoring the voices that were calling to him.

He was abandoning everyone else, he surely couldn't win against the Great King of Evil.

Link eventually reached the entrance to Faron Woods, and he went back into the forests

I will hide here form all the suffering

Link found a quiet grove full of animals that were happily running around, and sat down on the mossy dirt.

He grabbed his Royal Guard's Shield and Royal Guard's Sword, and destroyed them.

I won't be needing those anymore. Oh, what am I doing! What about the others!

No

Link grabbed his Bloodstained Champions Photo, and ripped it up, letting the pieces scatter in the wind.

He then did the same with his drawing of the Champions.

He took out Aryll's telescope, and broke it in half.

He took out some food he had been saving for Epona, and threw it over to some squirrels.

He looked at a small item on his wrist Ilia had once given him, and threw it back behind the trees.....

Link had given up, there was no more fighting, no more pain...

I am not the Hero of Hyrule

The Hero's Spirit could not be heard anymore, and it was simply a young man crying by the trees in a forest that was getting darker and darker each hour....