7. Calm

(Y/N)

"Dove." Levi leaned on the wall next to me with his arms crossed. "What are you doing down here?"

"I'm sitting." I smiled ironically.

"I can see that," he dropped one leg over the other side of the small bench and sat down looking at me. "The question is, why are you in the cellar and not up on deck or in my room."

"Last time I checked I was required to be your room at night, where I am the rest of the day doesn't concern you."

"Hmm... It doesn't." he scooted closer to me. "But you've been down here alone for hours, in a dark, dirty place that barely has light." I rolled my eyes.

"Well I like it down here, what's the problem?"

"Are you perhaps trying to avoid me?" I turned my head the other way, damn him to hell. "Dove, we sleep together, if I wanted to do something to you I have all night at my disposal."

"You honestly think I sleep?" I glared at him, he simply tittled his head. "You asked me to become part of your crew and then you try and kill me for no reason. You honestly think I want to be anywhere near you?" I growled.

"But you are not dead, dove and I gave you my word I won't try to kill you again."

"A pirates word is as good as the mud beneath my boots."

"Aye, that it is." he smirked. "A wise choice to not trust a pirate. But like I said dove, if I want to kill you I can do it easily at any point, so stop hiding like a mouse in the shadows and come out in the sun." with that he stood up and left.

I didn't move from my spot, I'm not stupid, the ship is his, he knows it better than anyone else and probably knows where I'm going before I even go there. However that doesn't mean I want to be anywhere near him. The door opened once again but to my surprise it was Ymir that came in with... Christa behind her, they were giggling. They closed the door and didn't seem to notice me. A smile found its way to my lips and I fake coughed to get their attention.

"(Y/N)?" Ymir's head immediately snapped in my direction. "What are you doing here? "

"Avoiding a certain Captain, what about you? " I crossed my arms.

"W-we, um... We, we came to get, ummm." Christa lowered her head and I chuckled.

"Don't worry," I stood up and walked to the door. "I'm leaving, you can take your time to 'get' what you want."

"Yeah, yeah. Get out." Ymir shoved me outside and slammed the door behind her.

I shook my head and went to the steps to go on deck. The sun was still high making the sky blue. My eyes went to the helm where Levi was and I saw his eyes shining in victory once he saw me. I huffed and turned the other way where Eren and Sophia were standing mopping the floor. I decided to walk up to them.

"Eren, let me ask you something." Sophia started.

"Sure."

"Why are we mopping the floor when there's water constantly on it from the sea? "

"... Well the captain wants it to be clean, but also Hange made up something special that's for the wood and we put it inside the water when we clean the deck."

"Dove!" I rolled my eyes when I heard my nickname and all heads turned to me.

"What?!" I didn't look back at him.

"Come here." I sighed and turned around to go to the helm. Once next to him I crossed my arms.

"What?"