Chapter 20

Campbell's POV

"What's up with you today?" Caleb grinned catching up to me. We were almost at the end of our last lap.

"He probably got laid by his human." Miles told him from beside me. "Where is she anyways?"

"Where's who?" Mikayla asked running along side us.

"Campbell's mate." Miles answered.

"Oh, the human." Mikayla rolled her eyes. "Yeah, where is she? You aren't embarrassed, are you?" She fake pouted.

"What do you have against humans?" I asked picking up my pace. Since Mikayla found out about me having a 'human' mate, she did everything to mock me about it, not that I paid her any attention. So what if Aurelia was human? It meant nothing to me weeks ago. When I met her I thought she was, but I didn't use that to define her. She's my mate and I'll accept her every flaw.

"Nothing, I just don't see why you're choosing her over me." She said through pants.

" How many times must we go through this?"

"A million more babe." She winked.

We stopped, reaching the end of the lap. Miles and Mikayla dropped to the ground gasping for air while Caleb and I did high knees not breaking a sweat.

"Where's shordie?" Caleb asked looking around. All our top warriors, women, men and teenagers came behind us.

"I don't know, she was right behind us." I said looking back.

A small crowd was formed mintues away from where I was, in the middle of it all I spotted Aurelia unconscious on the ground.

"Shit." I whispered sprinting towards her. In a blur I was right by her side."What happened!?!" I shouted. My mate's face was covered in dark red, almost black blood. She was on the ground whimpering.
Did someone do this to her? I could feel my wolf surfacing, clawing from control.

"What the hell happened!?!" I screamed.

"We don't know, alpha." They replied backing away terrified.

"We should get her to Graciela." Caleb suggested.

"I already mind linked her to prepare a room." Clyde confirmed.

"Stop shouting," Aurelia whispered faintly.

I took her in my arms and raced towards the clinic with the others behind me.

"Try to stay awake." I begged. Aurelia pressed herself closer to me, placing her head at my neck. My wolf purred realizing that she was responding to the mate bond but I knew it wasn't the time for that. Graciela came into view, pointing towards one of the rooms. "Place her on the bed."

"All of you need to get out, now." She ordered. Clyde, Caleb, Lavinia, Miles, Mikayla and Megan were standing at the door way. I growled at them and everyone scrambled out of the room.

"Alpha, with all due respect you need to leave so we can find out what's wrong with her." One of the nurses told me holding her neck in submission. I nodded not wanting to be in their way and left. I sat outside the room where the others were also waiting.

"Where is she." Amber ran towards us in tears. "Where?" Her lips trembled.

"Amber you need to calm down, Graciela will find out what's wrong." I assured her.

"I need to see her."

I moved closer to her taking her in my arms. "When Graciela is done. Everything is going to be fine, ok?" I sat down with her curled up in my lap crying.