Prince of Knights Chp17

@ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Masha'Allah so many comments that my hands started to hurt when I replied to them, still 30% of the comments are unanswered. Sorry about that, wallah I wanted to reply to everyone. 

_________________________________________________

 ~Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking~ Khalil Gibran.

The call of prayer woke Faris from his light slumber, he was exhausted from the activities that occurred the day before. The knight sat on his cot, ran his palms over his head to push his shoulder-length hair behind and sent a prayer to his Lord for bestowing him another day to live. Faris stood to his feet, the thobe he wore brushed the ground, he rotated his body to the left and lit the lantern on the shelve and turned around to vacate his room. However, something came in his line of vision, by Allah he had forgotten about Raghad, his bride, his woman.

That moment there was a soft knock at the door and he knew Shouq waited for Raghad. Faris ambled forward then came to a standstill few feet away from her. The woman had fallen asleep on the mattress, her form curled, the veil she wore also encased her body against the bitter cold, her head lay gracelessly on the round pillow.

Faris exhaled.

"Bint ash Sheikh," He called in a low voice. When the words left his mouth, Raghad's eyes opened wide and she sat straight at once. Faris spun around, gave his back to the girl and provided her time to sober. "Shouq is by the door. I shall pray and come back," he paused and a smirk lifted the corner of his lips. "Although, I am certain you desire for me to not return but let me assure you, ya Sheikha, I will return." he uttered the words then strode out of the room for Salah-al-Fajr.

A dark, inky curtain had cloaked the sky with incalculable stars that beamed at the moon. Tribesmen woke to perform their Fajr prayer when roosters crowed. Faris knew Badr would be present at the Masjid along with the men of Al Rashideen, so he halted by a palm tree. Badr's actions had generated gossip in the tribe that twisted his senses and kindled his brain. Not in his lifetime had Faris seen a man who stayed by his sister for that long. He comprehended the circumstances, the obstacles of their situation, but that did not mean Badr would rebuff his command and stay by Raghad. Faris knew Badr was shrewd, his actions warned the Borkans that he was remarkably tough and did not waver before them. He committed actions on his free will even in the tribe of his sworn foes.

Faris performed his prayer then leaned against the palm trunk, his eyes observed when a child followed his father to the Masjid. His fingers were pallid and numb, little did he fret about that. Winter breeze danced around him, it swirled his shoulder length hair, gently. Soon the sun broke over the horizon and peaked over the mountains, the herds nearby mooed and snorted, birds around him yawned and took their flight.

"Allahu Akbar." Faris sighed when he rose to his feet. He had to return back to his family and break his fast. At that moment, there were no afflictions on his shoulders, behind him the sky was a shade of dark purple and few stars still smiled down at him, ahead of him the sky was dressed in an orange robe. At times like this when his enemies were absent he came out of his house without his sword, completely unarmed.

"At last, he graced us with his presence." Nasser's voice reached his ears when he ambled in the house.

Sheikh Mubarak along with his wife and children sat around to break their fast. Faris took note of the fresh butter and tortillas with goat milk in silver mugs on the sufra. The windows were open to allow fresh air in the house "Bring your wife, Faris." Sheikh Mubarak ordered his son.