Are You Ready

I stand in the lab just inside the door, staring at the three geniuses in front of me, trembling.

It hits me that we had to have something, I run down to the table they're gathered around. It had only been an hour so they had just analyzed the blueprints and there was a large pad of paper beside them, filled with notes.

I grab the notepad from the table and scan the notes. The gist of it all was that the machine was power by energy, strong energy. The energy chamber was being designed to hold just enough energy. Tony, Bruce, and Peter were trying to design some kind of device to go over the limit. They had not yet though.

I start flipping through the pages faster now. My hands get even shakier.

"Damn it, damn it, damn it" I whisper.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I stop. I turn my head to see a worried Peter staring at me. My hand falls from the paper and I relax myself.

"I- I'm going to gather everyone up. Indiana needs our help and we have to stop them. Bruce and Peter you guys stay here and try to figure out the device. The rest of us will hold off the army." I stutter and quickly leave the room.

I hear arguing as soon as the door closes behind me but now wasn't the time for that. I go into the living room.

"We're leaving in 20" I say as I walk past them all and down the hallway. I push open everyone's doors and if they're in their room I tell them to get moving.

I find the guardians in the training room and after severa minutes of arguing I get them to agree.

I race to my room and search my drawers to find my things. I grab the pendent and pin it to my chest. My hands are still shaking but now I see it for myself. My breathing becomes heavier and I feel like the air was being sucked from my lungs.

I grab the chair in front of the desk and slowly lower myself to the ground. I clasp my hands together and tuck them in my chest.

"Y/n?" Someone calls from the door.

I stay silent and I hear their footsteps come closer. I'm slowly and gently rocking back and forth and my eyes are locked on the ground.

"Are you ok?" Nat gasps and squats in front of me.

I look up at her. "I- I can't breathe it's like my air is being stolen." I say shakily with several tears falling from my eyes.

She wraps her arms around me. "It's ok. We're gonna be ok." She assures.

I lean into her arms and try to slow my breathing. Several minutes of silence later and she lets go of me. I release my knees and shakily stand up. Nat holds onto my arm.

"We gotta go but we'll talk about this when we get home ok?" She says with kind eyes.

I nod my head and brush my self off. "I'll meet you on the roof."

She smiles and leaves me. I take one last deep breath as I stare at myself in the mirror. It was now or never I guess.

I finish getting ready and quickly make my way to the roof. Everyone who's up there is already on the jet and we start firing up the engine while we wait for the others. Once we take off I sit on the bench and my foot doesn't stop tapping the ground.

Tony pulls up the holographic screen where Bruce and Peter were staring back at us.

"Please tell me you found something Banner." I plead.

The look on his face says it all. "Maybe? We've got an idea but it will take at least a day to fully design and actually make it..." He says hushed.

I shake my head at the ground. "Ok well um keep working and keep us updated. We'll try to hold them all off for as long as I can." I sigh.

He nods and Tony clicks off the call.

I stand up and walk up to the table in the center of the jet. I pull the crumpled paper from my pocket again. Flattening it out on the table, I call everyone over and we surround the table.

"We have one chance to get this right. We screw this up, and it's game over." I say strictly.  "I know Loki is there, he'd want to be sure everything is going to plan. I'll go in first and get the entrance open. It'll be the easiest way to get to our main problem."

"We split up into two teams. One goes into the city and gets the citizens to safety and the other goes with Y/n." Steve says backing me up.

I look up at him and smile ever so slightly.

Once we get close enough, we can see an incredibly bright light going from the ground in the distance to the sky. I direct Clint to the same cornfield I was in before and we land, the air from the jet flattening the corn stalks.

We split into groups here and my team gets out. The other team stays on the jet and we watch as they fly farther to the city.

Once they're out of sight Nat, Tony, Thor, Bucky, Quill, Groot, Drax, and I start towards the street.

"Where is this house again?" Nat asks.

I see the quaint little farmhouse on the hill nearby and smirk. "Follow me."

We jog up to the house and I push them off to the side. When I knock on the door it takes only a moment for the door to open.

"Gracie? Why are you back so soon?" The familiar stranger asks.

"Hello mister!" I say switching to my valley girl accent. "I um need your car." I say with a fake smile still plastered across my face.

His face changes from a smile to a confused look.

I turn my head and nod. The rest of my team comes up behind me. "What she said." Quill said.

I roll my eyes and drop the accent. "So sorry, but key. Now."

"B-but thats my car." He stutters.

I hear Mr. Rich man sigh from behind me. "JARVIS send some money to Mr...?" He says.

"Oh uh Jefferson. Jefferson David." He says.

"Get that JARVIS?" He says.

Jefferson grabs the keys from beside him. "It's in the garage." He says and tosses them to me.

I smile and the garage door opens. It reveals a car barely large enough to hold all of us. We pile inside and I start the car. Once the key is in the engine I turn it and the car roars to life.

I quickly speed down the driveway and down the streets. The gas pedal is on the floor as we speed down an empty road nearing the small neighborhood.

"Jesus Y/n slow down!" Nat yells.

"No time." I sigh.

I slow the car the closer we get and we enter the neighborhood at a much slower speed. I pull up a few houses away and park the car. We all push ear pieces in and connect them.

"Hey can anyone hear us?" I ask, checking the pieces.

"Loud and clear" Sam answers, the sound of gunfire in the background.

I nod at everyone in the small car. "Stay here, i'll call for you when we're in." I say as I open the door. It's a funny sight to see, the large hero's packed together in the small car. It was the avengers clown car.

I slow my breathing again and straighten myself up. When I reach the door I plaster on a smile and ring the doorbell. Marie opens the door dressed in a suit.

"Ready?" She asks.

I raise my eyebrows and smile. "Of course."

She pulls me in for a hug and my smile fades when she can't see me.

The plan was in motion.

Last update: 03/02/21.  10:28pm

Hey all! Here we gooooo. Thanks for all the love <3