8. The Storm

(Y/N)

"AHHHHH! " my body once again got slammed against the desk.

I'm so glad this thing is connected to the wall and doesn't move around. I figured the best place to hide in would be under the desk for this exact reason, because it doesn't move, but it's hard to stay under it when the whole ship turns and I roll out. I took a deep breath and sat down on the wet floor, I was covered in water from top to bottom that came in from under the door. My eyes landed on the hat that was floating in the water and I immediately grabbed it.

I opened one of the drawers at the bottom that was almost empty and shoved it inside. I took a few deep breaths and-

BOOM!

My eyes widen upon hearing the loud sound of thunder, my ears are ringing. That was dangerously close to us. My body once again was shoved against the desk, and back on the wall, my body rolled around on it until I once again fell on the ground. I brought my hands up and caught the chair on time before it hit my head. My body slid across the wet floor and I held onto one of the legs of the bed so I don't keep going down. I'm glad the bed is connected to the ground.

Something is wrong.

Sure my body has been going up and down for the past few hours but not like this. In an instant my body was slammed against the wall and I groaned in pain.

It feels like the ship is going to flip at any second.

I sighed and stood up. All my instincts screamed at me to go outside and see what's happening even though I was terrified. It felt like it didn't matter if I was in the room or not anymore. I opened the door and my eyes widen seeing the sight in front of me. Water was falling on the ship from all directions, giant waves were surrounding the ship and everyone was running around wearing many belts around their bodies with ropes that were connected to the ship.

Hange had shown it to me, it was something she made for storms, so everyone can safely be connected to the ship and not get lost in the sea. She called it Harness, I don't have one, it's dangerous for me to go outside but I might as well check.

I closed the door behind me and tightly held onto the rail of the steps. I looked at the helm and what I saw terrified me. The wheel was spinning around without anyone there to hold it. I quickly run up the steps praying nothing happens to make me lose my balance and grabbed the wheel.

"AHH! " I yelled because of the pain.

My hands hurt a lot from stopping wood from spinning so fast. I tried my hardest to not slip on the wet floor and breathed heavily through all the water that was falling on me. I might not be a pirate but even I know you shouldn't let a wheel spin so fast on a ship. A wave hit the ship from behind and I yelp as my body got pressed against the wheel. It hurt so much to keep this thing from spinning but I kept holding on.

"(Y/N)!" I heard my name and felt a body to my side. "What are you doing out here?!?!" Levi yelled.

"I'M HOLDING THE WHEEL! " I screamed and though I didn't hear him I'm sure he made his 'Tch' sound.

He came behind me and past his hands through me so he could hold the wheel as well. I looked up and my eyes once again widen at the huge waves I saw ready to fall on us.

"DON'T LOOK UP AND DON'T LET GO!" he yelled in my ear and my eyes returned to the wood in front of me.

All my energy was focused on what he told me, I held onto the wheel with everything I had. I felt a bunch of water land on me and Levi's arms wrapped around me keeping me from slipping away into the sea. I breathed in once it was over and Levi let go of me. He opened a small cabinet from under the wheel and brought out the same belts everyone else was wearing. He started putting them on me as fast as he could and connected three ropes to the wood in front of me. He once again held the wheel and I hadn't realize another wave falling on top of us. This time I could feel the resistance of the harness so I wouldn't be taken by the waves.