9"

Stepping down from the Dragon after her daily fly, she met Regulus walking into the castle

"Where've you been? I tried to find you everywhere but I couldn't find you" Regulus asked as Zenevieva make her way through the halls and into her bedroom

"I was flying with Andreas" she replied, stripping off her dress and changing into more suitable clothes for her next agenda.

"You named the Dragon?" Regulus asked in amusement as his eyes watched her finishing getting dressed

"Well it seemed rude not to" Zene hummed in reply picking up her wand

"Where are you going now?" He asked as she made her way out of the door

"The to dungeons. I need to pay a certain Rosier a visit. You coming?"

"No. You know it gives me the creeps when you get all psycho" Regulus shivered

"I guess that's your loss then Reg" she shrugged, "in the mean time will you get someone to summon Pettigrew?"

"Right away"

"Perfect"

"Knock knock" Zenevieva sung in a manic tone as she opened the door to Samuel Rosiers cell

The man just glowered at her. He sat crumpled up in the corner of the grimy, cold wet room, all dirty, pale and malnourished.

"Are you going to speak yet Rosier?" She asked winding her hair around her wand and leaning over into him so her face was close to his

The man stayed silent, looking past her.

"Is that a no? A silly mistake if I ever knew of one" she hummed

"I'll never work for you! I'm loyal to the dark Lord!" He shouted, his voice hoarse and raspy

"Oh no!" Zenevieva gasp, "I don't think you're quite understand me. I said speak? Did you not hear me correctly?"

"I hear you perfectly well" he seethed

"Emmanuel!" Zenevieva called as a man appeared behind her, "ah! Perfect you're here. I promised you revenge, you'll get it. So tell me Rosier, did you kill his family?!"

The man spat at her feet, just beside her shoes.

"Do what you want with him Emmanuel. Take justice for what this man did to your family" Zenevieva nodded to him leaving them, "just don't kill him. I do not want murder on your hands. If you want him dead, find me. If not, I'm sure I can think of some other uses, perhaps the imperius curse. That could be fairly useful. Oh, and don't think for one second your family is safe Rosier. I know Evans weakness. In fact, we went to school together. How sweet is that?" she grinned down at him before swiftly leaving, passing the other death eaters in the cells as they shouted and cursed at her.

Zenevieva laid on her side in her bed, her covers pulled up to her chin. She flicked through past letters and old books that she loved to read back at Hogwarts. She read them as the candles flickers, to try and feel something. Anything other than anger.

Just... something.

She didn't want to be like this. She didn't wish for anything like this. But fate is a cruel twisted game.

She wished to go back to her first day at Hogwarts. To see the lake, the castle, the boats, the common room, the Hall. All of it for the first time.

Eleven year old Zenevieva Gaunt had no idea what her family name had really meant. She had an no idea, not really. How can someone as young as eleven even start to imagine it all?

But she could never go back to that person again

She flicked through the pages of her old journal she kept throughout her time at Hogwarts. She landed on a specific page. Tracing her fingers over the sketch of a Golden snitch that had Z.G and J.P scribbled on it with James' terrible writing, her mind wondered

Sixth year

The Gryffindor stands erupted in a large cheer
as James sent the deciding goal through the quidditch hoops just as the Gryffindor seeker caught the Snitch. The Slytherins booing and muttering was drowned out as the Gryffindors ran out onto the pitch celebrating. Zenevieva clapped wildly, happy for James in the Slytherin stands. She knew he'd been waiting for his special moment for forever. She waved her arms trying to get his attention to send him a smile but James wasn't looking at Zenevieva. Instead Zenevieva watched Lily Evans barrel into James' arms, as James squeezed her tightly, picking her up and spinning her around in pure bliss.

Zenevieva looked down at her shoes and pulled the Gryffindor scarf she'd been wearing off her neck. The glances and comments she had received for wearing the red scarf were disgusting but she ignored them as she would support her boyfriend as she promise. She wanted to share that moment with him. But James Potter didn't even search for her in the crowd. He didn't even look. She wasn't hard to spot, a vision of red in a sea of green. He simply forgot to look. He was so consumed with Lily Evans he completely forgot.

Zenevieva stood in the entrance of the great hall waiting for James. He'd asked her to meet up with him here after the game but so far had not turned up after she'd waited twenty minutes. She waited a little longer knowing that James surly hadn't forgotten about her. She sat down on the floor as her legs started to ache. She played with her shoe laces and twirled her wand creating little sparks to fizzle out into the air to keep her entertained while she waited.

"Zenevieva?" Remus Lupin asked as he rounded her corner, some potions in his hands

"Oh hi Remus" she smiled back sadly

"Are you all right?" He asked sitting down next to her

"Oh yeah, I'm fine" she brushed off, "I'm just waiting for James is all. He told me to wait for him here. Though he's a little late"

A wave of Pity rushed through Remus eyes.

"Oh, didn't he tell you? There's a party in Gryffindor common room right now"

"Oh don't worry about it, if you could just tell him that I would like to talk to him then-"

"He and Sirius are actually passed out on the sofa right now" Remus cringed, "I've er- got this potion for them" he said gesturing to the vial in his hand, "he's gonna have a horrible headache"

"Oh..." Zenevieva frowned, "well tell him when he wakes up that I hope he feels okay"

"Will do" Remus nodded standing up, "and Zene..."

"Yes?"

"Are you okay? Really?"

"I'm okay" she smiled, "really Remus"

———————————————————————————
A/N

Okay but this hurt my heart