Chapter 45: The Banquet

"This is Darcy Andrews here to cover the Prince's Banquet!" Darcy then looked over to the side and saw Prince Cassien and Ariana walking together side by side, "Well look over there! It's Prince Cassien and Lady Ariana, c'mon let's go interview them." Darcy walked over to them and smiled brightly, "Your highness and Lady Ariana, glory to the Valentino Empire."

"Thank you." Cassien replied.

"So! We heard that Lady Ariana actually planned most of the event. How was it like planning for something as big as this?"

"I'm very thankful for the opportunity I had the opportunity for something like this. This project is the first project where I could really showcase my skills as a leader and to also help out around Valentino. I did a lot of outreach work while planning this project and I was able to learn about what the people want." Ariana said proudly, "I even invited some of the children here from the Marlin orphanage to accept the donations today."

"Amazing! How do you feel about how much Ariana has accomplished since she has been announced as the future Empress?" She turned the mic to Cassien.

"I'm satisfied with the work shes done so far. She played a big role on making this project really work and she exceeded everyone's expectations." Cassien answered.

"Great! So—" Darcy then squinted her eye past them and was staring at something, "Oh my goodness! Quick it's Lady Lyrica! Look at her dress, c'mon we have to go to her! Thanks for the interview you two!" Darcy then ran over to Lyrica.

Cassien and Ariana both turned around and looked at Lyrica. She looked different from her usual self. She was wearing the grey pastel dress she had designed previously with Elizabeth, on top of that she had straight sleek hair that was shining under the sunset and golden jewelry decorating her ears and neck.

"Wow she looks great doesn't she?" Ariana looked up at Cassien.

Cassien stood there and he gave out a small smile, "Yea."

- a few hours ago -

"Pfft!" Aubrey was cracking up when she saw Lyrica trying to do her own makeup, "Lyrica you look like a clown!"

"What!" Lyrica looked at the mirror, her eyeshadow looked like a panda, her black eyeliner was too thick and there was no wing, she could barely curl her eyelashes, and her lipstick looked like someone put a red stamp on her lips, "Ugh! I don't know how Ava was able to do it!" She screamed.

"Were you talking about me Lady Lyrica?" Ava was in the room carrying a makeup kit and next to her was Peter.

"Ava!" Lyrica shot right up and hugged Ava tightly, "I'm so glad your here!"

"Of course! Prince Peter contacted me saying you would need some help." Ava looked at her face closely, "I'm glad I made it." She slightly chuckled.

"Thank you so much Ava." She sat down back down in front of the vanity.

"Hey you feeling any better?" Aubrey asked Lyrica, "What you told me a couple of weeks ago...It hit you didn't it?"

"I..." Lyrica thought about it, "I'm feeling better."

"What are you both talking about?" Peter looked at them confused.

"Peter." Aubrey leaned in close to whisper into his ear.

Peter jolted up as Aubrey came in close and almost fell to the ground.

"What!" Aubrey looked at him weirdly, "I was just going to whisper into your ear that Ariana likes your brother!"

"Aubrey!" Lyrica then looked at Ava, "Can you keep that secret?"

"Of course." Ava nodded her head and continued her makeup.