9-Vampire

C H A P T E R
[IX]

DIANA'S P.O.V

It was Monday and I was currently sitting in Calculus class writing down notes for this week's lesson which I was not so excited about. I tried giving Mr.Tompkins my full attention, but my mind kept drifting over to Eric and what happened on the weekend.

"So Miss Keith what is the answer to number 15?" Mr. Tompkin asks me crossing his arms over his chest.

He definitely knows that I wasn't paying attention.

"Can you repeat the question?"I asked giving him an awkward smile. He chuckles and walks over to his desk.

"Next time pay attention Miss Keith," he says turning over back to his board and starts writing down the answer while everyone quickly starts doing the same. I shake my head and regain my attention back to my work.

It was lunchtime and I was at my locker putting my backpack in it so I won't have to carry it at lunch. I shut my locker close and start walking over to the girl's bathroom to wash my hands before I eat in the cafeteria.

That was until I was suddenly pulled into a random closet. The person locked the door and flicked on the lights. I see Eric in front of me looking as if something bad is about to happen.

"Eri-," I was cut off by Eric's hand planted in my mouth.

"Don't say anything I need to tell you something fast, and right after I need to get you out of here," he says looking through the closet window to see if anyone was near. I give him a questionable look, but he ignores it.

"Ok so first off you are in terrible danger Diana and it's my fault," Eric spills out. I raised both my eyebrows in surprise and confusion.

How can I be in danger?!

"Second I'm a vampire," he says looking at me with all seriousness.

Vampire?

I slowly take his hand off my mouth and give him a 'are you serious look'.

"Eric don't play games with me Vampires aren't real," I said confused. He shakes his head and looks at me with utter disappointment.

"Diana I am Vampire now I can't explain to you how, but I am, and I need to get you out of the school before they f-," he was interrupted by multiple screams of horror coming from the cafeteria.

"Shit," he curses under his breath and starts pulling me out of the closet.

"What was that? What's going on Eric?!" I ask demanding answers.

"No time for an explanation, but to sum it up a Vampire is on a hunt for you, and I need to get you out of here," he says dragging me out of the school. And from the distance, I could hear screams from inside the school. I was beyond mortified but continued to keep my pace up with Eric. He then picked me and started running at an incredible speed.

What the actual Heck!

We were now inside of a house I didn't recognize and Eric put me down on the ground.

"H-How did you do that?" I ask in complete shock.

"Like I said Vampire," he says dragging me up a pair of stairs and leads me into a room. He sits me down on the bed and bends down to my height.

"Ok so I guess I should explain to you what's going on," he suggests and I give him a 'duh' look.

"Ok well I'm a Vampire and you are my mate. It's very rare to have a human mate. Only every four centuries a Vampire is paired with a human. The human usually inherits their own special power once their mate bites their wrist," he explains while I sat there in shock. "But a bunch of other greedy Vampires also want their mate to have some sort of special power, so that want you," he says with his eyebrows scrunching up together.

"How do they know where I am?" I ask.

"I'm not sure, but I am guessing someone has been watching me considering I have a lot of people in the Vampire world who hate me," Eric says sighing.

"Well at least you are not crazy and obsessive like Edward Cullen," I say trying to brighten up the mood. The edge of his lip twitches probably trying not to laugh at my joke.

"Yes, but when it comes to things like this I become like him in a way," he shrugs.

"But besides that, I need to get you out of here fast they can probably trace down your scent," Eric says lifting me up from the bed and jumps out of the window.

HOLY MOLY this guy has a death wish!

"Where are we going?" I asked worried that he might just leave me to die in the woods or something.

"To Canada Baby," he says running through a bunch of trees.

Please God if I'm going to die at least pick a better location than the woods...

Sorry for the late update! I have been working on two essays and let me tell you those are not easy to complete sorry for such a short chapter!-Simone

-Simone

(Sorry for any grammar errors)