042. Holy Terror

Part Two / Chapter Forty-Two

It was nearing the last week of summer, meaning the last week of Venus' training before she returned to Hogwarts. Venus was following Corinne around the interior and exterior of the cabin, begging her to let Constance visit for the day. Corinne had said no at least two hundred times, but Venus wasn't letting up.

"Please!" Venus begged once more.

"No." Corinne said plainly.

"Please, Corinne!" Venus whined stomping her feet on the floor. "Castiel!" The girl called to the other angel. "Don't you think I'm allowed one day of human interaction?"

"Human interaction is good for mental health, social interaction, sense of security and confiding in others," Castiel on his usual Mortal Fact of the Day; the one time it didn't make Venus want to stab him in the eye with an Angel blade. Corinne gave Castiel a threatening grimace while Venus gave her a winning grin.

"Okay, okay. You can bring your friend," Corinne gave in.

Venus squealed. "I already did," she said. "Constance, you can come out now!"

The girl hopped out from inside the house and waved excitedly at the three. She had sunglasses perched over her head, a towel draped over her arm and a beach bag swung over her other. Corinne narrowed her eyes at Venus.

"I sort of flew over to her house and brought her over," she quickly confessed.

"Venus!"

"We're going to the lake. We'll be back at four!"

Venus was already half way down the hill with Constance. Corinne gave her a wary smile and waved goodbye to the girls. The two best friends laughed all the way down toward the lake's clearing. Soft green grass sprouted from the ground and multi-colored blossoms painted the scene.

As they made it onto the grass, Constance would not stop asking her questions.

"Wait—" she began again. "Dumbledore met GOD?"

Venus nodded.

"And it was a woman?"

"Actually, god said they're neither man or woman." Venus corrected.

"Fascinating." Constance said. "Corinne and Castiel, the angels, have you told them about the voice?"

"Supposedly, I got it from my Uncle, the Angel of Death— yes-Hermione-was-right-about-it— and he's on the Angels side that wants me dead."